Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6100 any good?

Options
  • 08-12-2004 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would just like peoples comments on this phone. I have a Sony Ericsson myself and I dont have any experience with Nokias. Its available from 02 online for €129, is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Hi,

I bought one just over six months ago, (moving from a SE T610) but had to return it as the earpiece volume, even at maximum volume, was pretty poor. It was impossible to conduct a call in all but the quietest of environments.

Moving from Sony Ericsson where you are spoilt in terms of connectivity, I was immediately struck by the poor connectivity available on the 6100. Infrared is the only way of getting stuff to and from the phone (barring MMS for ringtones and pictures). Even at that, the 6100 won't accept ringtones or pictures from other handsets via infrared. It will only accept them via a computer using Nokia PC Suite AFAIK. That was the last straw, so I chose not to opt for a replacement 6100.

Instead I went and got another T610..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks Phoenix.

Anyone else here have a Nokia 6100?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've had one for a couple of years (got it in the UK before I moved here) and find it a great phone. Out of many others I've used since, I always go back to the 6100 as it is easy to use and does all I want it to. PhoenixRising is correct that you have to use the Nokia PC suite to transfer stuff to it (ring tones etc) but that's never been a problem since it is free. The IR from phone to laptop is fine.

Advertisement