Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia6600 - Bluetooth giving timeout and security errors on OBEX file transfer

Options
  • 08-12-2004 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Just got my bluetooth USB pack today..everything seemed to go smooth enough...I go to my bluetooth places, and check the entire neighbourhood..I see my phone there, but when I select OBEX file transfer, it either gives me a security error, and tells me I may need to repair the device, or it simply times out. I set ZA to med. settings, and put program control on low. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, have you tried turning ZA off completely and trying again?

otherwise have you tried unpairing from the PC and deleting the pairing from the handset and repairing... have you set the PC as authorised on the phone paired devices list...

perhaps try checked the Bluetooth adapter vendor's site to see if they provide a more up-to-date or are you using XP Service Pack 2? what Bluetooth implementation on the PC are you using (and version)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh and are you sure the phone supports OBEX??? There are other ways of sending files.. i cant remember (i have same phone) but i think i used a different method for sending files to the phone than OBEX...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

crisis adverted..didnt see my phone asking to confirm the access request...I feel so daft.

But one prob Im having is with Smartmovie.. Whenever I load a vid into it, it says to basicly make sure I have the right codecs installed before I try importing again..but thats the thing,I do have all the right codecs installed. According to g-spot anyway. And they play perfectly fine in realplayer too.

Note that my Windows MediaPlayer refuses to open. Would this have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you prefer you can set you PC as 'authorised' in the phone's Bluetooth > Paired Devices listing - that way you won't be prompted each time...

doesn't Smartmovie make use of DirectX - perhaps try an update of it / re-install of WMP if you haven't already done so...

Advertisement