Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holy good radio batman...

Options
  • 06-07-2001 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Err anyone listen to the Headphones slot on Here Comes The Night on Today FM?
    Goddamn is there some good music played... first time I've come across Boards Of Canada on the radio (admitedly i rarely listen to the radio these days anyway) and like a hella load of other equally great artists:
    http://pollennet.com/todayfm/dddtemp.html for a sample playlist..

12-1 weeknights... right now in fact.

btw anyone know what station is right up the top of the fm band (>107)? plays loads of pretty deadbeat lo-fi stuff from about 9pm...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I presume you are in dublin.. A channel called xfm broadcasts on 107.9fm.. They mainly play indie, gothic rock and alternative music. Apparently they were the first online radio station in ireland.
    They usually only broadcast after 6pm and most of the time they play repeats :/
    You can visit their website at www.isis.ie/xfm

What is now was once only imagined.

[This message has been edited by Repli (edited 06-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Xfm rules!!!

They have their own Board in here somewhere.
    Under "Community" I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Kali, I never miss it... one of the best parts of my day is the very first hour everyday, (12-1am), listening to Headphones.

biggrin.gif

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

got bandwidthlisten -> http://205.188.234.34:8002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Donal Dineen has been a constant supplier of good music for a number of years.

Here Comes the Night has been on Today FM since its first broadcast day - what was it called them Ireland FM or something?

Before that he had No Disco on RTE - great stuff altogether.

Before that he used to review music in Drop Out Magazine in Dublin along with a few others from the DCU Communications course he was in. Or was that Donal Scanell? They're all from the same class anyway I think.

Bring it on Donal!

I'm the Dude

[This message has been edited by Jeff_Lebowski (edited 06-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah.. never usually listen to the radio that early, mostly about 2am or so when im dozing off.. i'll be headin up earlier now to catch Headphones in future, or must plug stereo into pc and record it (hmm idea hatching) smile.gif

Not too big into what xfm play, more curiousity as to what the name of the station was, majority of whats played is absolute pants (from 2am onwards anyway) imo, although the odd great tracks are played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

XFM London rules quite a lot, they play a bit too much nu-metal pap for my liking but in general they're great. Fantastic office listening, beats the hell out of the wall to wall britney spears and westlife on all the other stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well in the early morning here it sounds like two lads from trinity out of their heads and falling asleep playing whatever records they picked up over the past month, be they crap or not smile.gif

Wednesday nights on Xfm are great!!
    Dudley 7.00 until 9.00 then Lola's show.

If the reception was better it would easily be up there with Here Comes the Night, which doesn't really do it for me like it used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Daniels:
    If the reception was better it would easily be up there with Here Comes the Night, which doesn't really do it for me like it used to.
    </font>

The reception will be improving soon, watch this space... BTW why can nobody on these boards get my name right even though it's up there beside every post?!

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    well in the early morning here it sounds like two lads from trinity out of their heads and falling asleep playing whatever records they picked up over the past month, be they crap or not smile.gif</font>

If you like Boards of Canada you'll probably like some of the stuff the Chillage Idiots play on Xfm (the Dublin Xfm that is).Sunday at 8pm, I think (see http://www.isis.ie/xfm/chillage.html for playlist as featured in the NME). You might like my show on Wednesdays at 9 on Xfm, but if you're down on the rest of the station then probably not.

Much apologies Lolo.
    Names are very important so that was inexcusable and bad form on my part.

It drives me mad myself!!

Like, everybody always gets Kristin Hersh's name wrong all the time.

Still, good news on the better reception...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Daniels:
    Much apologies Lolo.
    Names are very important so that was inexcusable and bad form on my part.

It drives me mad myself!!

</font>
    `

Don't worry about it, Jem.

Advertisement