Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little info...

Options
  • 08-12-2004 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

eh
    just got a new piercing under my lip.

i was told no smoking for a few weeks and no drinking........
    this is doin my nut in
    has anyone else had this?

and do i really have to be that strict....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i pay alot of attention to what im told when getting all my piercings its just
    the nephews christianing on sunday im thinking a few pints cudnt hurt they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Admit it you're going to get pissed at the Christianing.

A responsible and 100% sensible opinion - no don't it's very bad.

Personal experience - Go for it, it's grand i'd be nore weary of what I ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

eh
    just got a new piercing under my lip.

i was told no smoking for a few weeks and no drinking........
    this is doin my nut in
    has anyone else had this?

and do i really have to be that strict....

When you say you got pierced "under your lip" do you mean in the centre like a labret (I think that's what it's called) or something else? I'm just curious as when I got my lip pierced I wasn't warned off the booze or the cigs at all. I was just told the area was going to be a little bit tender (which it was).

Going by my own experience, I was out on the tear the same day I got mine done without any ill effects. It is probably more important to keep it clean i.e. cotton pads with salty water that's been boiled and let cool slightly than to worry about a few drinks having some terrible effect on it.

Regarding "strictness", I'd say the most important thing is to try to avoid playing with the piercing with your hands unless you have scrubbed them beforehand :)

Oh yeah, enjoy the Christening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

cheers man :)

yeah its a labret thingy

i think ill go boozing as people have said its alright.....

as for the cigs im using patches now anyway so meh might as well try quit

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post was about eating. You might find this a bit difficult for the first few days, I know I did :) Everything I ate was in tiny portions and chewed right over the side of my mouth. I was afraid of catching the flat back disc bit (gotta love the technical terms)between my teeth and biting down on it. This wasn't helped by a story from a friend of mine who had her cheek pierced (think Cindy Crawford's mole) who somehow managed to tear it while eating a roll. Cue a day spent in Casualty and a lot of slagging from friends and family :)

But then again maybe I was just being a big girl's blouse over the whole thing.... I guess just watch out, you don't want to spoil a good day's drinking by injuring yourself unintentionally. All bets are off once you get drunk though :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I was eating,smoking and drinking the night I got my lip pierced and it didnt bother me at all

Advertisement