Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial Keys...

• 08-12-2004 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hey I just dusted off my old Photoshop Elements cd to do some buttons etc for my website but I can't find the serial key for it. It was installed ages ago but then the computer was wiped so I don't have a code for it.

Now I bought it fair and square and I can't install it.

So what I was wondering was if, in theory, I found a crack for it what would be the legal implications of installing it using a bogey serial code...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The same as pirating any software, you have voided your license by using a dud key. Since you no longer have the original, you can't prove you did buy it, unless you bought it from Adobe themselves, in which case they may still have record of the sale and might issue you a fresh key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

I'd say you're probably ok, it's kinda like a situation where you lost the key to your house and the gardai arrested you for breaking a window to get back inside. If you can prove you bought it you should be ok I'd say, but I'm no lawyer

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Common sense would tell me a dodgey serial is a no-no. You're effectively stealing someone else's license.

And err, this doesn't belong in Photoshoppage; it's a legal issue and nobody here can prove to me they're qualified to answer you.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement