Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secret of TinTin's youth revealed...

Options
  • 09-12-2004 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20041207/HTINTIN07/TPHealth/
    The swashbuckling comic-book hero and boy-journalist extraordinaire Tintin is ageless, and now researchers know the reason why.

It appears that his perennially prepubescent look is due to a growth-hormone deficiency and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, conditions likely brought on by repeated blows to the head.

Well doesn't that just explain it all... The amount of work that went into coming to this conclusion is great however, though I can't help but think it may have been an excuse to read some classic comics more than anything else... :D

I can see one of the first posts being "Whose TinTin?", I really can... *sigh*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

used to love tin tin :)

gotta dig up my old books

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What was Professor Calculus suffering from then?

other than bestcharacterintintinitus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What was Professor Calculus suffering from then?

other than bestcharacterintintinitus...
    I always though poor old Captain Haddock suffered that particular ailment...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I rememember a great scene with Captain Haddock where he was about to go to bed and someone asked him if he slept with his beard above or below the covers... and was awake all night trying to work out which was best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

you know tintin made the quiff fashionable ? before the comic strip, there was no such thing as it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

I rememember a great scene with Captain Haddock where he was about to go to bed and someone asked him if he slept with his beard above or below the covers... and was awake all night trying to work out which was best.

Oh sweet heavens I'd forgotten that one! :D

Must dig out the old Tintin stuff myself... Asterix too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭hailtothechimp

He was indeed always getting smacked over the head. Snowy would turn up beside his prone body wailing "Wooooaaaaaaaa Wooaaaaaaaaa" in his own inimitable fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wow, I definitely don't remember the one where he was hit with an empty whiskey bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

TinTin was ghey. Incidentally, he was also homosexual, but most importantly, the whole comic was ghey. And crap. And not funny. And crap.

Asterix all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

TinTin was ghey. Incidentally, he was also homosexual, but most importantly, the whole comic was ghey. And crap. And not funny. And crap.

Asterix all the way.

...Die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Back on topic before I have to lock this thread and start handing out detention slips!

Advertisement