Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday's Tips

• 09-12-2004 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Huntingdon - 1.30 Sharmy (EW)
    Clonmel - 2.15 The Galway Man
    Huntingdon - 3.30 Alright now m'lad

The Galway man is the paper favourite but I don't think he'll go off favourite
    mainly due to the fact that he sometimes..eh..doesn't finish his races....however the last time he did finish he was just beaten by the very useful Colonel Rayburn. I think he'll make it round this time.

Alright now m'lad is out of Johnjoe O neils yard and he doesn't run many horses in races like this unless he considers them to have a great chance of winning. Im trying to find some nice price horses here and with a 7lb claimer on board this one I think it could skate in...

As for sharmy...well he used to be a lot better than all his rivals when it came to the flat and this is another that should run well if he stays on four hooves....or is it hoofs?...

Anyway..good luck if you get involved. By the way..every now and again I'll post a horse to follow and you can check what races he is entered in on the racing post site...very helpful indeed expecially when you see a horse entered in 4 or 5 races and the trainer keeps on pulling him out until just the right day....

Have an interesting horse we're following at the moment that ran a stinker last time...a very well backed favourite who finished 2nd last. Basically the jockey reported the horse didnt handle the ground and it was obvious that he didnt ask the horse for too much after that. He's entered in a race at cork on Sunday and this time methinks the boots will be filled (if he runs)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

fade2black wrote:
    Have an interesting horse we're following at the moment that ran a stinker last time...a very well backed favourite who finished 2nd last. Basically the jockey reported the horse didnt handle the ground and it was obvious that he didnt ask the horse for too much after that. He's entered in a race at cork on Sunday and this time methinks the boots will be filled (if he runs)

Dont forget to leave his name if he runs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭derek23

Here's my selections for a lucky 15

Hunt 12.30 Turaath
    Lud 12.40 Coustou
    Tau 1.50 Uncle Ada
    Lud 2.10 Castanet
    Lud 2.40 Prince Highlight

Goodluck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

derek23 wrote:
    Here's my selections for a lucky 15

Hunt 12.30 Turaath