Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll : Target Shooter or Hunter

Options
  • 09-12-2004 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I was just wondering how many people on this fourm are Target Shooters and how many are Hunters

Target Shooter or Hunter 17 votes

Target Shooter
    0%
    Hunter
    100%
    SparksRenegade_ArcherfiachaKingp35HaketZakalwecivdefoldzedIrishglockfangoudales45GreenGunMech1VinniewRovijayceebroadband 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

You can select both options if you target shoot and hunt
    To get the ball rolling I am a hunter and prod of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hunter
    To get the ball rolling I am a hunter and prod of it :D
    I am also a Prod :)
    Sorry allnight, couldn't resist! :D

I've hunted fur and feather, and frightened clay pigeons and tin cans for years, and have recently taken to punching holes in paper.
    Various 12 gauges, .22LR, and .22 Hornet.
    Stepping up to .243 soon :D:D:D

Rovi wrote:
    Stepping up to .243 soon :D:D:D

Sounds nice. What price ????

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

99% Vermin Hunter :D
    Fox, Mink, Hooded Crow, Magpie, Pigeon, Rook, Jackdaw

1% Game :)
    3-5 duck for around christmas, for some local farmers, a thank you for shooting on there lands)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Hunter
    Both ... Badly :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Goats mostly, going after camel and pigs in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

Hunter
    Target. Hopefully I'll get my college registration sorted out finally next week so I can rejoin the rifle club and get to the range.

Look out paper. Here I come!

Hunter
    Sounds nice. What price ????
    Well, I'm looking at a used CZ550 at €550
    http://www.czub.cz/_en/pages/zbrane.php?type=CZ+550+LUX

It's in perfect order, and appears to have only fired a few shots.
    Anyone got any thoughts on whether €550 is a good price or not?

I got a call last week from our local game warden, checking my bona-fides for a deer permit.
    He seemed to be happy :)

With a bit of luck, the Parks and Wildlife people will issue me a permit soon, and I can head for the Garda Station clutching all the various bits of paper that are deemed necessary these days.

Hunter
    Traumadoc wrote:
    going after camel..........in April
    Do the good people in Dublin Zoo issue permits for this sort of thing, or do you set up with a .308 Winchester on a 'grassy knoll' somewhere in the Phoenix Park????
    Is there a bag limit?
    :D:D:D:D

Or, are you heading for Australia?-
    http://www.ausafari.com.au/camel_hunts.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Do both. Lately more target than rough shooting because I made **** of my leg in an accident, and I find it hard to get around on rough ground for a long peroid of time.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your leg :(
    Any good at the target stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Shot for 3 years in my county club team with the NARGC. Didnt do much last year but bought a new Miroku this year and plan to a good bit next year.

Rovi wrote:
    Do the good people in Dublin Zoo issue permits for this sort of thing, or do you set up with a .308 Winchester on a 'grassy knoll' somewhere in the Phoenix Park????
    Is there a bag limit?

Or, are you heading for Australia?-
    http://www.ausafari.com.au/camel_hunts.htm

I now live in Australia, and am invloved in culling for the national parks, last week I met a guy who invited me to shoot camels on his 290,000 hectare property- they are a real problem as they do damage to fences and water troughs so most property holders are delighted to let you shoot .
    the only problem is getting there as it is two day drive to get there and two back, but I suppose it is better than stalking around Fossetts circus. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hunter
    Traumadoc wrote:
    I now live in Australia, and am invloved in culling for the national parks, last week I met a guy who invited me to shoot camels on his 290,000 hectare property
    <seething with jealousy>
    WOW!
    PLEASE don’t tell me you get paid for this!!!

Sort of big-game varmint hunting!!!

:D:D:D

Traumadoc wrote:
    I now live in Australia, and am invloved in culling for the national parks, last week I met a guy who invited me to shoot camels on his 290,000 hectare property. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you get paid fot this I want to know if there are any other jobs going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

Hunter
    Oooooh! It's neck and neck at 11 each. Go target shooters!

No its a volunteer thing .... But very well organised , we go to national parks and cull the feral ( non-native) animals, this includes goats foxes cats rabbits , and the occasional exotic (donkeys). Goats do huge amount of damage to the native vegitation, so culling gives a chance to the native roos and wallabys.
    We go out for 5-7 days at a time and generally camp or stay in shearers quarters ( a shed with a bed). Its great fun.

http://www.hunt-cons.asn.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Hunter, ducks and deer in the winter, pigeons in the summer with 20bore 687 and .243. Hoping to purchase a pistol for a bit of target shooting though.

Advertisement