Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night

• 09-12-2004 8:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

From blabbermouth.net

The following report was issued by Columbus television station WCMH:

At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus, Ohio nightclub on Wednesday night.

Two members of the heavy metal band DAMAGEPLAN were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band PANTERA, WCMH reported. The other bandmember's name was not released, but it . The alleged gunman also died at the scene, according to police.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, the television station reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to who shot the alleged gunman.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, WCMH reported.

According to the band's Web site, DAMAGEPLAN was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

DAMAGEPLAN featured former PANTERA artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their web site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thats really messed up.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

R.I.P Dimebag - we have lost one of the (IMO) great metal shredders of our time

This is on Bravewords

As previously reported by www.nbc.41.com in Columbus, Ohio, at least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at shortly after 10:00p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road. Two members DAMAGEPLAN were reportedly shot and killed, including guitarist Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band PANTERA.The alleged gunman also died at the scene.
    It has now been confirmed that a gunman did indeed run on stage during the beginning of Damageplan's set. Dimebag Darrel was shot and killed, as was the band's tour manager. The gunman was shot and killed by a police officer.
    Cincinnati's WCPO-TV spoke to Columbus resident Chris Couch, 22, who says the shooting occurred about 30 seconds after Damageplan began their set. Couch, who was standing about 30 feet away from the stage, claims a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walked up to the stage. He was followed by a bouncer and another club employee. According to Couch the man climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range. The gunman also shot a bouncer, who pulled him off the guitarist.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

This ABSOLUTELY F**KING SUCKS!!!!! Dimebag Darrell was one of my BIG influences as a guitar player, this is really some b.s.!!!!!

This is the same guy who was voted the GREATEST guitarist of all time.... I just can't believe he's dead!!!! This news has bummed me out now!!!!

My favorite lyricist & singer (Layne Stayley) - dead, my favorite guitarist (Dime) now dead - how the f**k did this happen? truly some total suckage!!! :(

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement

There's more eyewitness accounts on Metal Sludge.

This is truly ****ed up

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=843

how did it happen

hmm - america - gun law - crazy nut - dead guitarist - go figure :(

Yeah, and not just the wacko had a gun, there was a cop with a gun there too? What sort of ****ing madness is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Rip dimebag.

apparantly according to one eye witness, it appears to be a grudge killing - not being malicious or anything, but wouldnt it be ****ed up if the gunman was Anselmo!! The killer hasnt been identified yet

• Advertisement

It has to be a grudge killing, you dont shoot someone five or six times at close range unless theres some kinda grudge involved

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I just can't believe this. I really don't know what to say...

R.I.P. Dimebag, you were a true legend. Your spirit will live on with the music you have given us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

F**K!!

I dont believe this man.....this goes beyond a pathetic tragedy :(

and i dont know if i'm more sad or angry :mad:

Ah jesus, I was just listening to Vulgar Display on my way to work. Not what I expected at all...

RIP Dimebag

It's just such a ****ing shame, he seemed to be starting a new chapter of his life, just see

http://www.deanguitars.com/

What a waste, what a senseless ****ing waste.

I remember meeting him and the rest of the lads from Pantera in Virgin, all those years ago - with the few words we exchanged, I thought he was a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

THIS IS REALLY S**T R.I.P DIMEBAG

why do all the greats die so early in live

There's a rumour that Pat Lachman was also killed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Recent quote from Phil Anselmo
    "And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fu*kin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapor — his chin would, at least, if I fu*kin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely"

Wonder if he was in Ohio last night?

The tour manager was roumered to be killed, the only confirmed deaths are dimebag and the gunman

• Advertisement

Between Fox, Cnn and Nbc, they're reporting 3, 4 and 5 confirmed dead. This is just horrible.

I got 5 killed (4 and the gunman) and 2 wounded, cant remember the exact site but its the first that comes up with Dimebag shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

its hard to take in alright....
    to think your not even safe playing a gig anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

What is the world coming to?

Oh, yeah.

Man that sucks.

R.I.P.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Rumour has it on yahoo that Vinnie Paul was one of the dead too.

I am just shocked. Why on earth would anyone do this?

This is on the Damageplan site

I've known them for 16 years. He wasn't just a guitarist, he was a friend. One of the nicest people I've met. Here is what I have been able to ascertain. Realize I could be wrong on some of this, but most of it is gospel.

1) Daryl is dead. We all know this.
    2) Vinnie is fine (I have confirmed this)
    3) A bassist from the opening band tried to shield Daryl and was shot. I do not know his condition, but I imagine critical.
    4) Fans were shot
    5) The other member dead is believed to be Pat Lachman. This has not been confirmed, but I have this on very good sources, but it is VERY late for any of us who know anyone to get any info.
    6) Dime was taken to Riverside Hospital (DON'T CALL THERE!)
    7) A bouncer was shot in the shoulder.
    8) Someone was shot in the thigh, I believe this to be the bassist involved, but at point blank range, this may be critical.
    9) Three are dead (at this writing) one being the shooter. One is Daryl, I am nearly 95% sure the other is Pat.
    10) The shooter shot at Vince, but he crawled away on the floor and hit the deck (and you would too so no bull**** posts)
    11) The death toll is now at 5
    12) FOr those of you arguing about stupid ####, it was a UNIFORMED POLICE OFFICER who snuck in the back and shot the gunman. The cops received the call at 10:18
    13) Mitch was working. He is okay.
    14) A Hammer Strength Sec guard was shot
    15) The other confirmed dead is a security guard (not the above)
    16) There are now 5 confirmed dead.

This is all I know, and all anyone will probably know until morning. Peace be with you all.

My email is below, but don't email me unless it's important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

This is unreal - got a call from me girlfriend earlier an I thought she was taking the piss. Really & truly awful, R.I.P. Diamond :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

This is so goddamn sad, he was my childhood hero, I still watch him playing the domination solo live at monsters of rock in Moscow in awe of his talent.

As for all the rumours, some guy went on stage and shot him at close range around five times and shot other people. This more than likely was some nutter, he was going to get shot, anyone who goes into a concert and starts shooting has little chance of living. As for Phil Anselmo, he made a statement saying he was devastated.

RIP Brother.

sq_dimebag_darrell_elk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

RIP Darell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

im in tears here - this is unbelievably ****ed up - its ****in evil ****

Advertisement