Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. :eek:
    It's just nuts. And i'd say the american media are already spinning it so the music is reason that Dimebag and the other 4 people are dead, and it has nothing to do with gun control. Assholes. :mad:

RIP all those poor people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We have lost one of the greatest musicans in metal, he brought me alot of happyness and great music throughout my teenage years and beyond to today, RIP Darrell, this is truly tragic:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

here here
    raise ur beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I am completely lost for words, my heart goes out to Vinnie and Rita and all his family, may he rest in peace. I will drink plenty of beer in his honour tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irish_rover

Delighted,
    ****ing junkie !

Overpaid, egomaniacs they all are ! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Delighted,
    ****ing junkie !

That is some sick **** man - taking delight in the violent death of someone who did not engage in hurting others around them or any other human beings is very very twisted..... when we trivialise the death of a human being, it just shows how cold the world is.... Whatever you might think of his music or his own personal life, the guy inspired kids as a guitar player & had amazing talent & for it to be ripped away in such a senseless manner & in front of kids as young as 12-13 (or younger) like that is truly brutal.... I feel sorry for anyone who had to witness that, cos jesus they're bound to be in some shock for some time to come!!!!

And then you have the idiots who brand him a 'racist' & a dumb cracker - Dimebag Darrell was NO racist. He wasn't stupid either. When you see some of the dumb things posted around this guy's death, it's sickening.... when a 'rap artist' dies no matter HOW bad a criminal record he has, there's reverence (& when you see some of the talent some of them had, esp. Tupac Shakur - the guy was HUGELY talented as a writer, regardless of how much some people HATE rap music) - but when a Rock Star dies, there's nothing but revile poured upon it - Yes, Layne Stayley died from a drug O.D., as did Jimi Hendrix & countless others - but they were simply deeply flawed people, not bad people - same as anyone who dies under the same circumstances; good people, just deeply flawed....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Ditto what ven0m said, and irish_rover you are a goddamn tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

And it wasn't just dimebag killed either, what about the bystanders who were killed or wounded? Did you take that into consideration when you posted, innocent human lives have been lost in this great tragidy, if it were 5 unknown people killed would you still be happy? so what difference does it make if one of them happens to be one of the most influential metal guitarists of his generation, heck of all time?

Hey idiot listen up.

I love AIC, have all their records but I think Stayley is a selfish **** for taking the easy way out like that.

As for hendrix he never knew any different and was a junkie from the start.

There is no smoke without fire when this kind of thing happens.

I am also a big fan of Bon Scott so I care when musicians pass away but think of the circumstances here, he got what was coming to him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

KNAC.com are playing pantera/damageplan tunes in tribute

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

irish_rover, just leave it be man, you obviously dont belong here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

he got what was coming to him !

Care to explain that? You know something everyone else doesn't? The police haven't even released any information relating to 'motive'?

AND - for the record, Layne Stayley WAS a junkie like Hendrix & was from before AIC's inception, so his death is no different than Hendrix's. Most of his lyrics are about drug abuse....

::: ven0mous :::

Hey idiot listen up.

I love AIC, have all their records but I think Stayley is a selfish **** for taking the easy way out like that.

I am also a big fan of Bon Scott so I care when musicians pass away but think of the circumstances here, he got what was coming to him !

do you even know what this thread is about :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hey idiot listen up.

You, sir, are clearly an idiot with no sense of human decency. I only hope you cop on to yourself before you talk yourself into trouble elsewhere. Seriously, several people have been murdered and you spew out this immature plebean nonsense, get a grip, seriously.

i think irish rovers comments well basically man ur lucky this isnt a real room
    because after whats just happened i know a lot fans, me included would really snap after hearing a stupid comment like that.

Everyone here is expressing their appreciation and condolences, what makes you think you can come here and talk sh1t about Dimebag hours after his death?
    Go and exercise your democratic right to bullsh1t elsewhere, asshole.

Yeah but Hendrix want a selfish **** who took his own life like these egomaniacs, Cobain & Stayley to name a couple.

Look, I dont care about him, yeah pantera had a couple of good records ( Vulgar Display & Cowboys from Hell ) but who cares if he's dead.

He was far from the best guitarist i've heard and we'll have forgotten about him farily quickly !

me included would really snap after hearing a stupid comment like that.

you're right.

Ah yes ye'd snap cause you're personal buddies of his right.

Get a life ye wasters !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Delighted,
    ****ing junkie !

you are a ****ing wanker gimme your ****in home adress and ill come over a ****ing murder you mods ****ion ban this **** fag but wait till i get his address hes ****in dead you evil piece of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah but Hendrix want a selfish **** who took his own life like these egomaniacs, Cobain & Stayley to name a couple.

Look, I dont care about him, yeah pantera had a couple of good records ( Vulgar Display & Cowboys from Hell ) but who cares if he's dead.

He was far from the best guitarist i've heard and we'll have forgotten about him farily quickly !

I was going to respond to this garbage but have thought better than to rise to the bait of this immature kid. Such disrespect for the senseless loss of life last night, not just Darrel but there seems to be two other innocents dead too, as well as the sick bastard who commited this heinous act, well, it's just staggering. Kid, you've a lot to learn about music and life in generaly, I hope for your sake you don't have to learn it the hard way.

mayordenis wrote:
    you are a ****ing wanker gimme your ****in home adress and ill come over a ****ing murder you mods ****ion ban this **** fag but wait till i get his address hes ****in dead you evil piece of ****.

hahahahahahaha,

what a tosser :D

Look, I dont care about him

then shut the fuck up and stop posting in this thread - simple

Doctor J wrote:
    I was going to respond to this garbage but have thought better than to rise to the bait of this immature kid. Such disrespect for the senseless loss of life last night, not just Darrel but there seems to be two other innocents dead too, as well as the sick bastard who commited this heinous act, well, it's just staggering. Kid, you've a lot to learn about music and life in generaly, I hope for your sake you don't have to learn it the hard way.

Yawn....................................

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

your the biggest retard ever friend were not talking about the songs they made we are talking about a ****in travesty here and by the way are you american or something?? you have no ****in soul or conscience and are destined to die a lonely **** ****

thats all im gonna say
    fact is he's probly 12 anyway.

O Angelwhore where art thou........

mayordenis wrote:
    your the biggest retard ever friend were not talking about the songs they made we are talking about a ****in travesty here and by the way are you american or something?? you have no ****in soul or conscience and are destined to die a lonely **** ****

Oh have I hit a nerve.
    Don't tell me i've got it.....You met him in a music store too and felt an instant bond with him..............

Wankstain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

Irish Rover, I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart hope that you and everyone around you die of cancer, because you'll get what comes to you.

Advertisement