Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

speculations is that the singer is dead too?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, he was mentioned in a few of the earliest reports as being shot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

he was/is a great singer.

Damageplan - Save Me
    :(

He was/is a ****ing great guitar player too, check out the Halford albums. I hope he is ok.

American bull**** already starting

Read the headline and the last stanza of this

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=UUPU1XYCLNZ0WCRBAELCFEY?type=topNews&storyID=7040973

Typical american bull****, they always overreact and always in the wrong way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What's wrong with that article dude?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, this is ****ing bull****. I was never the biggest Pantera or Damageplan fan but I know Dimebag was an incredible guitarist. To be shot while and because he was doing something he loved is just ****ed up beyond belief.

I imagine there'll be many tribute gigs for him around the world soon, at least at a local level.

MojoMaker wrote:
    What's wrong with that article dude?

Five Die in Ohio Heavy Metal Band Shooting

"Damageplan's debut album, "New Found Power" -- hailed for its "violent dissonance" by Blender magazine"

Hmmmm, does that not strike you as trying to blame evil, nasty, violent Heavy Metal?

I mean, Blender magazine? They had to dig deep to find a sensationalist quote they could stir **** up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

R.I.P. Dimebag, you are now officially a legend.

Tears have been in my eyes since I started reading the thread. My heart goes out to Vinnie and co.

Dave Mustaine has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN guitarist Dimebag Darrell:

"There is nothing unique or clever to this post, and what I want to say has no doubt already been said throughout the metal community, by countless others whom were more closer to Darrell than me by now.

"However, knowing he was murdered tonight, I wish to thank and remember Darrell for his amazing life and the gift that he shared with me and so many other fortunates.

"I pray for Darrell's family and friends; specifically for their healing, their peace, and their understanding of this tragedy in this time of need.

"I send my deepest heartfelt condolences to the Abbott family, to Darrell's friends, and to the fantastic PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN fans around the world.

"We must never forget his life, and his gifts, his genius, his terrific personallity, and the legacy he left behind to remember him by.

"Darrell, I will see you in heaven and I, like so many more, love you brother.

"You will be missed."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    Five Die in Ohio Heavy Metal Band Shooting

"Damageplan's debut album, "New Found Power" -- hailed for its "violent dissonance" by Blender magazine"

Hmmmm, does that not strike you as trying to blame evil, nasty, violent Heavy Metal?

I mean, Blender magazine? They had to dig deep to find a sensationalist quote they could stir **** up with.

"violent dissonance" - take your pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

feylya wrote:
    Ah, this is ****ing bull****. I was never the biggest Pantera or Damageplan fan but I know Dimebag was an incredible guitarist. To be shot while and because he was doing something he loved is just ****ed up beyond belief.
    Yeah, to be shot because of his music is beyond comprehension, but to die while doing something he loved is probably a better way to go than others. I know that may seem bizarre but i'd take dying while rocking out, over a car crash etc. any day.

I wonder how long it'll take til the guitar he died with is on eBay :(

Was he married?

I'm not sure but he still had a lot of family afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Cloud wrote:
    irish_rover banned from Rock / Metal. I've been asked to delete his posts but that would involve deleting other people's who have quoted him.

Try banning spahndirge too ffs, what he said about cancer was a f-ing disgrace. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

there is now talk going around another website (*cough* metalireland.com *cough*) about doing a tribute nite to Dimebag - personally I think its a great idea - hopefully the bands that want to do it will get it sorted asap

feylya wrote:
    I'm not sure but he still had a lot of family afaik.
    Then they'll probably get the guitar once it's out of the evidence room.

Aye, but I'm sure one of them will auction it off in a few years. You know it'll happen eventually!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

feylya wrote:
    Aye, but I'm sure one of them will auction it off in a few years. You know it'll happen eventually!

I'm choked up from just reading this thread alone. I mean, this is just fscked up. The motive behind it was not only insane, but grossly misinformed. A rock artist can't even do his fscking job without his life being on the line.

R.I.P Darrell, you're in a farrrr better place now.
    Nero

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

damageplan2.jpg

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Sad day man. Sad Fu<king day.

I heard a news report on the way in to work this morning that there'd been a shooting at a Damageplan concert and checked blabbermouth to get info when I got in.

I almost choked when I read Dime was dead. It's so senseless, a true legend gone. I'm sure a lot of us have grown up with his music and found solace and inspiration in it. Even listening to Far Beyond Driven now I still can't quite believe it's real.

I really feel for all the families involved but especially Vinnie Paul. Those guys were tight and to see someone you've known for 38 years, grown up with, played with and worked with being shot in front of you? I can only imagine what he's going through.

Rock on Dime, Rock on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

The 25 y/o who shot him was allegedly shouting 'you broke up pantera' as he was shooting him.

This came from a member of the support band. He was grazed by one of the bullets but will be ok.

I know this is a little off topic. It was the same day 24 years ago john lennon was shot and it wouldn't suprise me this sick fuk went to the bother to replicate that. Those bastads are sick indeed!!!

It must have been terrible for his brother to watch him be gunned down like that. 4 lives taken cuz of the derranged mind of one person. Its fuking terrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Zoton wrote:
    Was he married?

He was married to Rita, I'm not 100% sure that they were still together because she isn't being mentioned in any of the reports at the moment. They didn't have any children either.

A lot of reports are still saying that two band members are dead but aren't naming the second one - some eyewitness accounts are saying that Pat Lachman is also dead, and I've heard that Vinnie was **** too but most accounts suggest that he was uninjured because he was seen after the shootings. This is totally ****ed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

dabhoys wrote:
    I know this is a little off topic. It was the same day 24 years ago john lennon was shot and it wouldn't suprise me this sick fuk went to the bother to replicate that. Those bastads are sick indeed!!!

I don't think that Lennon's anniversary had anything to do with this; I reckon it was just someone from the locality who was waiting for them to play there.

Some of the eyewitness reports from fans at the show is pretty horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

It was a dude from the locality. But tis strange all the same. Those sicko's.

Just horrible the whole thing to be honest. What can you do :(

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It says on FOX news that there have been two Damageplan members killed in the incident. They didn't mention who the other one was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

From Blabbermouth :

None of the other DAMAGEPLAN bandmembers were hurt in the Columbus, Ohio shooting incident that resulted in the death of the group's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, a source close to the band has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Meanwhile, several people that have had conversations with Dimebag's former PANTERA bandmate, singer Philip Anselmo (currently in SUPERJOINT RITUAL), early this morning are reporting that the frontman is "devastated" by the news of Dimebag's death.

Although several web sites have reported that the alleged gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio, hopped onstage, and allegedly made a comment about PANTERA's breakup before firing at close range into Darrell's body, Columbus police have not been able to confirm this.

Amateur video was taken from inside the Alrosa Villa nightclub and investigators were examining the tape to see if they could determine the events that led to the shootings.

There were no Columbus police officers inside the club due to a policy that prohibits officers from working inside liquor establishments. Alrosa Villa management was in charge of the building's security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Saw Pantera play in sfx in feb 92, and christ werent they good.....esp walk..
    R.I.P. Diamond.....

Advertisement