Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell shot dead last night

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Anyone starting setting up any sort of tribute gigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

It's hard to know what to say, but to lose someone who brought so many people happiness through their talent is an enormous tragedy.

RIP Dimebag Darrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Poor vinnie ffs seeing that happen t :( o his brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

RIP Dimebag. He was THE most influential guitarist for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

http://www.damageplan.com has just torn my insides out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

at least they changed it
    earlier it had the gig listings and a banner with him smiling saying dimebags back........
    it felt so crappy having to see that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

ffs some moran on ebay got a dime t-shirt and shot 5 holes into it.

Some people would do anything for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I got this email from music123.com last night, and it had a link to a washburn/dimebag competition, and i thought it was pure sick, but it was just inappropriate timing cos they changed the page:

http://www.music123.com/contest/dime04.aspx?source=120704&mail=195

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanc

Sad news. I had to check the news again to make sure it was real.

You realise as you get older how many people there have been in your life that have since passed.I'm listening to Cemetary Gates, a song already loaded with meaning for me.

Your time in this life is short, but your potential is not. Dimebag proved this. Pantera preached this. Were it not for people like Dimebag, I really don't know where I'd be today.

He was a legend in his own lifetime, and a true hero.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

****! I'm not a fan but that's ****ing terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

I loved all of the early pantera stuff up to cowboys from hell, after that It was a bit heavy for me.

He was one of my greatest guitar heros and in this music he will be imortalised forever.

-=R.I.P=-
    *Onward we rock straight to the top*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

feylya wrote:
    Anyone starting setting up any sort of tribute gigs?

Jesus Christ have some respect, the body isn't even cold yet !!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

BolBill wrote:
    :(

Burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Was very shocked and saddened to hear.
    Although I wasn't a huge fan I remember Pantera as the local "rock band" ever since I was a teenager. I grew up a few suburbs over from where they started in Pantego, Texas...a suburb of Fort Worth.
    They were like Kevin Bacon of Fort Worth, everyone could be linked to them in 6 degrees.
    I remember when Dimebag was Diamond Darrel and had bleach blonde teased hair. They were a very bad "glam" band back then.
    I remember seeing him and his brother Vinnie in their bar (forget the name) in Arlington, Texas. They both seemed very down to earth and unassuming guys.
    Again sad to hear and my condolences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

A truly awful event for the music world and humanity as a whole. It is more and more apearing as though this was fueled by Phil's idiotic comments in Metal Hammer. So sad. Dime change music for the better and we should all just remember him for his greatness.

My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

A lengend has passed

RIP Dime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

You know what's messed up when I think about it. I only got my razorblade chain at the weekend after wanting to get one for years but never finding a full sized one or a proper one...... talk about strange.... :eek:

::: ven0mous :::

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    :(

Burn.

Ask me swiss mate !!! I was making a valid point. Organising a tribute the next day, cop the f**k on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nothing to do with tribute. Making a vaild point would have been saying it was too soon with some respect, putting it as "the body isn't even cold yet" is disgusting and very disrespectful. How would you like it if someone talked about your brother/son like that?

It's too soon for a tribute yes, but I was píssed at your cruel phrasing and not the message behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

An absolute tragedy.

RIP Darrell,
    You won't be forgotten

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with tribute. Making a vaild point would have been saying it was too soon with some respect, putting it as "the body isn't even cold yet" is disgusting and very disrespectful. How would you like it if someone talked about your brother/son like that?

It's too soon for a tribute yes, but I was píssed at your cruel phrasing and not the message behind it.

Yawn. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

BolBill wrote:

the idea is its out of respect, its a tribute gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's a nice tribute on http://www.deanguitars.com/

Have to say that its a terrible thing hes gone and the circumstances were unbelievable to say the least. Didnt realise Pantera were so popular - sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

R.I.P. Dimebag

sick world we are living in!, just came closer to home

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

I too happened to be listening to Reinventing the Steel at the time of hearing of the killing. I haven't long been a Pantera fan and I hardly know anything of Damageplans tunes, but I had the fortune to see both live, and since I saw Pantera in San Diego I've loved thier music.

Dimebag was the greatest metal guitarist the world has ever seen, that's not in doubt.

We have lost a genious ... but ... I don't think he would have complained about the manner of his death. To be killed on stage playing the music he brought to this world is possibly, although untimely, the only fitting way for Dimebag to go.

If the shooter hated Dimebag or held some grudge and wanted him to die for it, I think he martyred him in the process.

RIP Dime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

kevpatts wrote:
    To be killed on stage playing the music he brought to this world is possibly, although untimely, the only fitting way for Dimebag to go.

Are you on drugs? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

RIP Dimebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Doctor J wrote:
    Are you on drugs? :confused:
    not today, why? you have any?

kevpatts wrote:

We have lost a genious ... but ... I don't think he would have complained about the manner of his death.

a misspelling of genius, oh the irony of it all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Yep heard all this late last night by someone I know from the states who's son was a close friend of this guitrist guy,,,thats life Im afraid too many nutters out there and too many folks get really intense about bands and can freak out when bands come apart - the guy blamed the guitarist for breaking up pantera and thats why he shot him and his mates etc.

learn from this my amigos we all luv music but it's not worth going ape over ever!...ciao Baggio.....

Advertisement