Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park

Options
  • 12-07-2001 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

New age metal: friend or foe?

I personally really like alot of the stuff of the above named bands. But christ some of my friends nearly have to be pulled off each other at the mention of either band.

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

no, no, no!!

Limp and Linkin Park just produce brain numbing crap.
    The Bizkit have even lost that real aggression.

rollin'

alright partner keep on rollin’ baby you know what time it is chocolate starfish keep on rollin’ baby move in, now move out hands up or hands down back up, back up tell me what ya gonna do now breathe in, now breathe out hands up or hands down back up, back up tell me what ya gonna do now keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ (what) keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ (come on) keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ (yeah) keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin
    rollin into oblivion and handing all your cash to me haha.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Yeah but Limp Bizkit were payed off bigtime for WWF stuff - Rollin' replaced Kid Rock for The Undertaker's theme, and then My Way was the soundtrack/title tune for Wrestlemania X-7.

Linkin Park are okay, but a little too childish in the lyrics department.

Listen to Disturbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by chernobyl:
    no, no, no!!

Limp and Linkin Park just produce brain numbing crap.
    The Bizkit have even lost that real aggression.

QUOTE]

I would have to agree and dissagree with cher on this one. I agree that Limp Bizkit have lost their anger but their music(and Linkin Park)is brilliant for a few hours listening especially when driving (in the outback where there is no speed limit and no-one around it's fu(kin brilliant - i was drivinh from alice springs to adelaide it took 3 days driving for 10 hours a day with nothing to look at but red sand and dead half eaten kangafu(kinroos to look you need some loud braindead music to listen to and keep you awake. This is were Limp Bizkit and Linkin and a few others came in!!! Also when I went to see them live in Sydney they were pretty cool

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'm sorry but they both suck!

In case you don't understand

THEY SUCK

Limp BizkitRepeatedly saying the word Limp Bizkit in songs. Of course this is done in case you hear a riff and by some crazy coincidence think it sounds like a Korn song. Repeatedly saying Limp Bizkit should clear up that no it’s not Korn but they are trying very hard to sound like them so hard that they are stealing their music.

Repeatedly swearing so teenage boys think they are real tough.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    “Oh my back hurts I’m not going on”.
    </font>

Linkin Park

Absolutely nothing inventive with the guitar. Not trying to push forward musically at all. No originality. Nothing that makes you sit up and listen.

Also singer has some sort of restriction on his windpipe because he seems to have trouble singing instead he whines like a dying rat.

In case your missing the point

THEY ARE REALLY SUCKY BANDS

If you disagree just listen to them you will quickly realise your mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Who cares anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There should be a tagline on every Limp Bizkit CD sold "Made by idiots...for idiots, so you KNOW it's good".

It occured to me a few months ago that all nu-metal acts tend to have a shared lexicon of about 15 words ("bleed", "pain", "burning inside" etc ad nauseum), but then it's hardly going to be beautifully crafted and coagent lyrics, is it? smile.gif

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I didn't really want to post at all to this thread as basically peoples music opinions are their own, basically if they are happy listening to it who the **** are you to tell them different (although nudging in a better direction is always good).
    Also the fact that this debate has been beaten to death at this stage in other threads.

To sum those threads up:
    a) "Its harmless and fun, I dont care"
    b) "Its ****e"

And my opinion for what its worth (see above):

Music without soul isn't worth listening to.
    And needless to say this music has no purpose, no feeling, no soul.
    I either cringe or laugh everytime I hear this music, it really is painfully bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

it's rubbish, but it might mean a few people buying some real metal by accident and discovering the true meaning of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

aah who really gives a damn its not like its ever going to hurt anyone ...hmmm woodstock.

Its aload of talentless ****e in my opinion yet I know loads of people that like some of there song ... poor uneducated fools smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 purple monkey dishwasher

limp bizkit were always talentless f**knuts,i remember getting a copy of there first album maybe 3 and a half years ago and o even hated them then,the bright side is that people might check out their infuences who they name in their interveiws i.e faith no more,rage against the machine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Rage Agiainst the Machine were lame too, they just copied public enemy.
    that said, i really do like "bullet in your head"

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 13-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Saw linkin park at ozzfest and I have to say I was very impressed.
    They had a good stage prescence (seeing as i was half a mile away frown.gif).

My only disappointment is that their album is only 37 minutes long.

I dont like limp bizkit but I do have respect for fred durst management.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

its all ****in poop!!!

who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robbo:
    ...all nu-metal acts tend to have a shared lexicon of about 15 words ..
    "burning inside" etc ad nauseum
    </font>

Burning Inside was a song title by a band called Ministry, they certainly are not nu Metal, The song was on an album called The Mind is a Terrible thing to taste.

What other band uses those words ? cos I'll kill em... wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I think this is a stoopid fu(king argument.
    I have a music collection of about 2,000 albums(which i really miss and my brother has probably sold as i'm in australia) which includes everything from frank sinatra and elvis to metallica, nin, nirvana and yes linkin park and limp bizkit.
    I would be the first to admit that the music tha the like of fred durst and co is not very original rolleyes.gif but i would rather listen to it that the likes of boyzone, westlife or the whores(britney, jlo!! or aguliwhatever). i reckon some of you should let it go and put on some elvis and kick back.......

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Spot On... nothing innovative on guitar.. Deftones are the only good nu-metal band (although they're a bit old to be classed as nu-metal, but that's their style).. The guitar playing is nothing compared to that of the Smashing Pumpkins, for example..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The FANJ:
    I'm sorry but they both suck!

In case you don't understand

THEY SUCK

Limp BizkitRepeatedly saying the word Limp Bizkit in songs. Of course this is done in case you hear a riff and by some crazy coincidence think it sounds like a Korn song. Repeatedly saying Limp Bizkit should clear up that no it’s not Korn but they are trying very hard to sound like them so hard that they are stealing their music.

Repeatedly swearing so teenage boys think they are real tough.

Linkin Park

Absolutely nothing inventive with the guitar. Not trying to push forward musically at all. No originality. Nothing that makes you sit up and listen.

Also singer has some sort of restriction on his windpipe because he seems to have trouble singing instead he whines like a dying rat.

In case your missing the point

THEY ARE REALLY SUCKY BANDS

If you disagree just listen to them you will quickly realise your mistake.
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Woh..didn't we have this argument like, last week/forthnight/month/year..and so on. Who cares anymore? You either like them or dislike them, can't we leave it at that? Do all you haters really have to tell us how much you think they suck...what to you hope to achieve by it?

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kyro:
    what to you hope to achieve by it?

</font>
    Hopefully people who listen to it will realise that there is better music out there, hopefully the will learn that their hero's are manufactured by a record companies and their not really that cool after all.

And I really hope that you kids will learn that a back pain is not a good enough reason for Mr Tough man himself to call off a gig. I think the bruising to his pride is why it was called of to be honest. There "Better than ****ing everyone" but could not sell out their gig?????

Also I have nothing better to do tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sean

they are a bunch of low life kids
    that can't sing and are really lame
    whats the world coming to
    biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Son of sam

i think the bands like linkin park have realised that misery sells and they just whinge in every song and people buy it ,even though due to certain interveiws with the singers they have had ok backgrounds,the whole heavy guitars meets rap vocals was already over done before them and papa roach came out,and papa roach with their stolen metallice riffs ands their trying to be rage against the mahine vocals are again unoriginal and cliched .limp bizkit earlier albums were heavier but still pretty s**t,and on chocolate starfish they completely sold out,and i know its seams "cool" aty the moment to slate fred durst but his macho attitude is plain rediculous,but im sure within 2 years theyll be sick of nu-metal,final comment=linkin park would be the most original of the lot with the electronica influence but apart from that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Son of sam

Burning inside,that was a deadly song and thieves was cool too ,did you know that burton c bell from fear factory and some other guys covered that for the crow 3 soundtrack,whats songs did they put on that ministry-greatest fits album

Advertisement