Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who own/played both... [Paper Mario 2 or Metriod Prime 2]

Options
  • 09-12-2004 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefair, Paper Mario 2 or Metriod Prime 2?
    The mot is getting me a game for crimbo and im torn between these two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have both, and I'm playing both in equal measure.

Prime 2 is like an expansion pack for Prime 1 (more of the same, but thats not a bad thing!). Its good fun, pretty hard, and will keep you going for a while (especially if you're going for 100%).

Paper Mario 2 is in a class all on its own. Its an action RPG - battles are turn based, but very interactive and require skill to get good at (you have to time button presses to maximise damage). The game is absolutely massive (8 fully self contained chapters, with story bits in between and it'll take 30+ hours to finish). Oh, and its very very funny.. :D

Your choice, but I suggest your GF buys you one, and you buy the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Well thats the plan, just wont have the cash till after christmas,most likely gonna go with paper mario of the GF and ill pick up prime soon after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I havent played the second Paper Mario, but if its anything like the first one itll be savage. Fell in love with the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I can also vouch for Paper Mario 2's greatness.

It's also very funny, which is all too much of a rarity in video games.

Although it is a little odd how all the women in Paper Mario seem to think Mario is some sort of sex god...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got both , bitch left the cases badly hidden with discs taken out.

:(

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kdjac... are you jonnybad? (otherwise your statement makes no sense at all!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TmB wrote:
    Kdjac... are you jonnybad? (otherwise your statement makes no sense at all!)

Obviously you dont have sick twisted evil GF who hides presents knwoing you find them then removes the discs to piss you off.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Jesus I thought my Girlfriend was cruel like last Xmas giving me a pair of socks, but around 5 mins later taking out a copy of Call of Duty. You've got your hands full there Kdjac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

KdjaC wrote:
    Obviously you dont have sick twisted evil GF who hides presents knwoing you find them then removes the discs to piss you off.

kdjac

Oh do i feel sorry for you!

anyways got her to get me Paper Mario 2, hopefully Metriod prime 2 will go down in price in the sales, but getting it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonnybadd wrote:
    hopefully Metriod prime 2 will go down in price in the sales, but getting it anyway.
    €55 in smyths, take another €5.50 off that if you have a loyalty card...

think i'll go play it some more :p

(3 metroid related posts in a row. watch your back Kirby!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Funnily enough, I'm playing MP2 at the moment and getting PM2 from the big fat man in the big red suit!
    All I can say for the moment is: MP2 rocks. Get it.
    Ask me Dec 25 and I'll have an opinion on PM2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

So go looking for the discs too.

Advertisement