Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Poker Website

Options
  • 09-12-2004 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

http://www.irishpokerportal.com

What you guys think?

ANy additions, comments you wanna make, just shout - looking to affiliate with a few of the clubs to get some offers for players....

anyhow, have a llok, anything missing...let us know....

alan@irishpokerportal.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

For a start this poker board is not your forum.

A little original content wouldn't hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Looks fairly nice, but I think you should have a quick word with DeV about your "Forum" link pointing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Looks nice. Linking to this forum as your own is a bit cheeky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

whats the point of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

thanks for the replies...

first its simply for people who dont know... the game, the lingo, anything...its a great game, and easy to fall in love with, but its daunting to start off in...

So the idea is to let people with a home interest get playing more often/competitivly and give you guys a run for your money...

as for the forum, we're by now means saying that this is our forum...But i didnt know about this place, and you guys are a great help too for new players... so i pointed it here...no disrespect or passing it off as our own, simply as a helper...

i mean this site wont make any money, it'll probably lose money, i just felt an irish source, a hub, would be a nice idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

devoreintervention.jpg

any minute now...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

as if by magic...

Actually, I dont have much of a problem with it. A "thanks" somewhere would be nice but since you seem to be non-profit and that, I'm happy to be linked to. One centre to things is nice to have.

Similarly I didnt have a problem with SuitedAces or Poker.ie so long as they werent trying to make money from us.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I just read all about those cards and now I get to see one done in real time! Nice one. Well done yesterday as well Iago, you must be doing a lot right to be up that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

medZer wrote:
    thanks for the replies...

first its simply for people who dont know... the game, the lingo, anything...its a great game, and easy to fall in love with, but its daunting to start off in...

So the idea is to let people with a home interest get playing more often/competitivly and give you guys a run for your money...

as for the forum, we're by now means saying that this is our forum...But i didnt know about this place, and you guys are a great help too for new players... so i pointed it here...no disrespect or passing it off as our own, simply as a helper...

i mean this site wont make any money, it'll probably lose money, i just felt an irish source, a hub, would be a nice idea...

....eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh anyone seen a new poker site for Ireland. www.suitedaces.com I think........... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I just read all about those cards and now I get to see one done in real time! Nice one. Well done yesterday as well Iago, you must be doing a lot right to be up that much.

Cheers Hector, last night wasn't bad at all for the cash games, tournies weren't great but I can't win everything!!

Yourself and the rest of the guys here have to take some of the credit as well though, I've changed my style slightly to play a little tighter based on your replies so cheers..

Of course it helps when you get players calling your A high flush with low PP for all their cash :D

took a couple of big pots from AAplz as well when he tried to bully me with massive overbets with nothing in his hand, although I'm sure he's pi$$ed off that I called pre-flop raises when he was miles ahead :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement