Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Earn €80 in the next hour ..

Options
  • 09-12-2004 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

if you are good with cars and work/live in town can you contact me immediately, looking at car and need advice. Worth €80 to you.

Number: 086*******.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh why aren't you in Galway....

Its not a good idea to stick your mobile number up - best to get folk to PM you.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What do you need to know??

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

what kind of car are you looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭handy

a 1995 BMW with full service history.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You want to obtain this cars service history?
    What area are you living in?
    I work in car parts could easily give my bmw supplier a call :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

handy wrote:
    if you are good with cars and work/live in town can you contact me immediately, looking at car and need advice. Worth €80 to you.

Number: 086*******

Thanks.
    nice wan think of all the prank calls!!! :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

have a look at www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html, find the model you are looking at (E36 3er?) and scroll towards the bottom of the appropriate page for a known problems list.
    Start the car from cold. Listen for any unusual noises and smoke.
    Who was the service history with? It should be done as oil service, inspection I, oil service, inspection II, oil... What was the last type of service? The inspections are costly so check how close it is to its next service (should be an indicator on the instrument cluster with 5 green lights - these go out gradually towards service time!).
    Without knowing the actual car type (3, 5, 7...) it is hard to say what exactly to look out for but check the bodywork lines for irregularities. Check for rust all over and under.
    Check for fluid leaks.
    Check that the engine fan coupling is working by using a rolled up paper to try and stop the fan (if it stops its broken).
    Check that all electrics work in all positions.
    What mileage is on it? What condition are the seats and pedals in (does the car look a bit rough for 15k miles?!?! if you follow me).
    What modifications are on/in it?
    Don't take a base model. There are enough out there with nice bits and pieces that you don't need to take the worst specced one!

Advertisement