Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New browser windows fail to load

• 09-12-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is a Windoze problem or not - hope its just a setting somewhere.

If I'm on the het and I click on a link which opens in a new window, the load doesn't automatically load. The window opens, but there's nothing in the address box. The MS flag in the top right hand corner is waving so it seems as if something's happening. But nothing does.

If, on the other hand, I click the STOP icon on the toolbar, the address then shows in the address section. If I then click on that, highlighting it and then press ENTER, it loads.

The PC is a DELL, 2.2GHz, 256MB RAM running Windows XP (Home) with SP2 installed.

Any suggestions??

Mike

p.s. Ignore the spec in the sig - that's my home pc, this one is at work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's quite usual for the URL not to appear until the page has loaded. Sounds like new windows aren't loading for you.

Have you done a spyware scan? I've seen spyware cause that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Are you on a decent enough connection? Does the page eventually load if you leave it for a good while?

Try a different browser and see if it does the same thing.

Advertisement