Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Avatar List

Options
  • 09-12-2004 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Heya, I wanted to change my Avatar, but I haven't a clue where the hell to find my current one on the random list in case I wanna change back!

Why aren't the Avatars in categories anymore?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I was thinking about changing mine, but then thought better of it when I saw that list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The randomness makes it so hard to find anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

just pick an avatar at random!!!

Heya, I wanted to change my Avatar, but I haven't a clue where the hell to find my current one on the random list in case I wanna change back!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're arranged alphabetically. Right-click on an avatar (not mine, it's a custom one) and choose properties. Your's is called "Dilbert_-_Phil.gif". So it'll be somewhere around the D's.

• Advertisement

They're arranged alphabetically.

They USED to be. When I joined, they were all in categories, so I went 'Dilbert' and there they all were. Not so anymore. It's just a big long list of random avatars. The only category I have in the pull down list is 'Standard Avatars' and then they're all random.

#1 is Ultraman, then Nintendo 64, then Dune then Superman...it's nowhere near alphabetical...

Unless I'm completely blind & there's an option to put it into alphabetical order-- if there is, it's certainly not clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You won't see your current avatar on the list while you still have it selected and in use.
    Change it to something else, then have a look for the avatar you're using now.
    Dunno why they're randomised now, but there are only about 100 pages, so it doesn't take that long to go through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

They could have been randomized by an admin who actually cared about so-called avatar theft.

[insert sales pitch for subscriber account here]

pam wrote:
    They could have been randomized by an admin who actually cared about so-called avatar theft.
    I knew they'd give in to our demands eventually.
    [insert sales pitch for subscriber account here]
    I'm sold! ... unfortunately daddy confiscated my gold card after I crashed the lexus. :(

You won't see your current avatar on the list while you still have it selected and in use.

Cheers for that, no wonder I couldn't find it!

They could have been randomized by an admin who actually cared about so-called avatar theft

Hmm, but can't they still be stolen when random, the only difference is that it takes more time to find a certain one?

I miss the categories *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

SantaHoe wrote:
    but there are only about 100 pages, so it doesn't take that long to go through them.

hah yeah right. only - lmao

well ok maybe in work when theres nothing better to do.

Well it only takes about 5 seconds to scan each page and see if your avatar is there or not... about 2 seconds to load the next page up... so 7 seconds a page times 100 pages is 700 seconds = about 12 minutes.
    Heh, it's all relative I suppose... like when you hear adds for stupidly overpriced goods being sold for ONLY TWELVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE EURO. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You know, for some reason that I don't understand, it actually takes about 25 seconds for one of those pages to load!

Some idiot keeps telling me it's because I "don't have broadband you retard", but they're a sillyhead :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

furious%20amp.jpg

I presume you meant 'sarcasm', and joining in December 2004 makes you a newbie, so I'm not sure what your point is?

TCamen wrote:
    I presume you meant 'sarcasm', and joining in December 2004 makes you a newbie, so I'm not sure what your point is?
    Relax, it's just a gathering card, I don't know who made it, but I don't think he's responsible for the typo :p
    Quite a well played card aswell, kudos to you sir.
    Although being here 4 days and already knowing where the gathering cards are and that pam is really amp is something of a mean feat... me smells some bannana yoghurt.

Relax, it's just a gathering card, I don't know who made it, but I don't think he's responsible for the typo

I've seen 'em before, but from reading the card, I assumed it was along the lines of "Quit complaining newbie", which is the part I don't appreciate. I had a question about the random avatar list, I posted it. I don't REALLY care that much, if anything I've just been put off bothering to change my avatar.

Blah, the end. :rolleyes:

Ah ok, I see what page you're on now!
    I think the card was aimed more at amps* reaction and not at your question... but that's just my take on it.

*Amp = pam

Advertisement