Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat order confirmation

• 09-12-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

youll all be pleased to know my line finally got around to passing eircoms broadband test today :D

i ordered a phone + bb package off esat straight away ,
    now, as this is the last day for the special 4 mth offer im nervous of the order being lost etc.

does any know if should have recvd an email or anything after ordering?
    should i be ringing them again to make sure it gets done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

I recieved an e-mail the same day I ordered but it took a few hours.
    BTW I ordered on 9thNov and am still waiting for anything, no modem delivered no confirmation of line active, starting to worry now.
    If its not in on time I may just pull the plug.
    If they can't get a new customer sorted I would hate to think what they would be like afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

hmm, its been about 3-4 hrs now.
    i hope they get it done quicker than that though :/

this whole thing has been a nightmare and i just want to get it sorted asap at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Ring them again to confirm the order was placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 elcabron

You got email confirmation yet?
    Wouldn't worry about it too much and phone them anyway.
    I just spoke to them about my BB order and they are really busy.

havent got it yet.
    it should be all automated i thought so how busy woudlnt matter would it?

• Advertisement

just spoke to someone there
    they sound mad busy
    they got my order fine but itll be 3 weeks before i get broadband

its never easy is it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Chalk wrote:
    youll all be pleased to know my line finally got around to passing eircoms broadband test today :D

i ordered a phone + bb package off esat straight away ,
    now, as this is the last day for the special 4 mth offer im nervous of the order being lost etc.

does any know if should have recvd an email or anything after ordering?
    should i be ringing them again to make sure it gets done?

Beware: I ordered phone + bb package off Esat. The guy confirmed everything over the phone. He even gave me a username and password.

One month later still no sign. I gave them a ring and all they had on record was that I had enquired about their phone service.

Like Eircom & IBB, Esat also seem to be highly retarded.

So be careful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

not impressed my 25 workiong days is up and still no sign, no reply to my e-mail and no answer on the phone :mad:
    This could be cancelled very soon :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Esat are very frustrating.
    I ordered BB on 5th Nov. No sign of it by the end of November and I rang again. They order had been rejected(but no one advised me) due to an error on form they sent to eircom.
    I then got them to send in request again.I rang them today to find out that the order had been stopped because Eircom had a block on the line. Esat then wanted a cancellation number. I told them that there was no bb on line before. I had to contact Eircom and get them to check, they said that there was nothing stopping BB with ESAT. I rang back ESAT explained this and then they put order in again.
    Talk about a bloody saga.

Advertisement