Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumers Forum

Options
  • 09-12-2004 2:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to find out if people on Boards would be intrested in setting up a stand alone Consumers Forum.To deal with things such as...

1)Faulty Goods

2)Warranty Issues

3)Know your Rights

4)How to complain

5)Info on the small claims court.

6)I would like to encourage people to post about any good experances they had with Consumers Issues

With the increase in people buying online it could/would be a good place to share info such as how long delivery takes and companys to stay away from.

Also, Mods in forums like IOFFL, FS, motors etc might have a view on this idea given the consumer advice issues that come up there. Would they find it useful to move consumer agonies to a dedicated forum?

If you support this idea please put your name down here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=207577&page=1&pp=20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ekelly

I know a couple of sites such as www.ripoff.ie try and address some of the problems mentioned. You can also contact the Director of Consumer Affairs with specific problems (although I've had little luck with them in the past). I understand your reasons for wanting this. I've recently began to force myself (and my colleagues) to complain if I receive substandard goods and services. My friend received a serious amount of bank charges last week (for no good reason) and called to make a complaint. The charges were dropped. Unfortunately, most businesses are not as easily swayed. But I would certainly love to see a site where I can get good advice on how to take matters further if I am not satisfied with a product or service.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

well lets hope it happens here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

good luck :rolleyes:

Advertisement