Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapeworm???

Options
  • 18-07-2001 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

did any of you guys ever hear of tapeworm ,its a sideproject featuring trent reznor of nine inch nails,maynard james keenan of tool,phil anselmo of pantera and that guy from helmet and other people.i was just wondering did anyone hear any of their songs yet and what are they like,all i heard was a perfect circle covering one of their songs called vacant,and they say an albums coming out soon but theyve been saying that for the last year or so.

also what do you all think of sideprojects,do you think it takes away from the main band and that its a bad thing or that it lets musicians do what they cant do in their main band and its a good thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son of sam:
    did any of you guys ever hear of tapeworm ....... all i heard was a perfect circle covering one of their songs called vacant,and they say an albums coming out soon but theyve been saying that for the last year or so.
    </font>

I've got a few mp3s of their stuff(or at least titled as such),"slowdriver",
    "fiest", "chemical", and that APC cover .. they seem errrr different. Vacant is quality tool-y metal stuff, but the others... well ... aren't. That fiest one is very aphex twin-y kinda stuff, and "chemical" and "metal" sound like NiN tracks. I'll reserve judgement till I hear a full album, not overly impressed thusfar though.
    They've a very interesting line-up though, it should be good.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

what do you all think of sideprojects,do you think it takes away from the main band and that its a bad thing or that it lets musicians do what they cant do in their main band and its a good thing
    </font>

I think sideprojects are a good-thing. Simply for the fact, as you said, that it allows them to do things that'd be outside the scope of their main band, or that not everyone in the main band would be happy doing. The idea promotes creativity and originality, which is always a good thing(although it doesn't always happen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'd be very interested in hearing some of the stuff.

As far as side projects go, they are definetly a good thing, but it's up to the artist whether the actual side project itself is any good or not.

But, as for my favorite side projects, those whacky dudes from Emperor are geniouses!
    Zyklon (Samoth, Trym) and Peccatum (Ihsahn), being the main two, they rule.

Also, I'll take it from your name that you are a fan of Davey Havok's side project. biggrin.gif
    I haven't heard anything from it, is it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

did any of you guys ever hear of tapeworm ,its a sideproject featuring trent reznor of nine inch nails,maynard james keenan of tool,phil anselmo of pantera and that guy from helmet and other people.i was just wondering did anyone hear any of their songs yet and what are they like,all i heard was a perfect circle covering one of their songs called vacant,and they say an albums coming out soon but theyve been saying that for the last year or so.</font>

Haven't heard of them, no, but sounds like an interesting get together...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">also what do you all think of sideprojects,do you think it takes away from the main band and that its a bad thing or that it lets musicians do what they cant do in their main band and its a good thing</font>

Generally I think it's a good idea. You can get to hear musicians you're familiar with doing a whole different style of stuff. Sometimes the results are pleasantly surprising. Might be a bit of a worry for original band members though - I've heard Blur are a bit concerned that Damon Albarn won't have time to make a new album with them after the success of the Gorillaz album and tour. He said it started out as a bit of fun - they didn't expect it to catch on so much. Whoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Son of sam

the full line up is
    phil anselmo-pantera
    maynard james keenan-tool/a perfect circle
    trent reznor-nine inch nails
    danny lohner-nine inch nails touring band
    charlie clouser-nine inch nails touring band
    page hamilton-helmet

thats what an old Kerrang! of mine says anyway,marilyn manson might be involed too.although phil anselmo says it was only a jam not a side project?."metal" is a nine inch nails song,a garry numan cover.theres lots of fakes out there.i downloaded fiest too,i think its a fake.whats "slowdriver" like?.theres also some other supposed tapeworm song out there with a really long complicated title,i forget the name of it
    ,seen it on aimster.

Did any of you hear that NIN song on the tombraider soundtrack-Deep,i think its the weakest NIN song yet.

sorry,angelwhore never heard of davey havoc

sorry,angelwhore never heard of davey havoc</font>

Singer from AFI.
    His side project is called SON OF SAM biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Uuuuuuuuughhhhhh... I think I've got a case of the tapeworm. frown.gif

-Dark-caseofthekidneymites-Angel-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Son of sam

AFI,i heard one of their songs once called "god called in sick today",it was OK,not great,the vocals were a bit OTT,it seams like some sort of punk/goth crossover,werent they on tour with the offspring for a while

Yep, thats them.

Advertisement