Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview with Dell

• 09-12-2004 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some pointers.

I've got an interview with Dell in Cabinteely tomorrow and was just wondering what to expect ??

Oh and where the hell they are and what bus goes there ?

Thanks
    ED

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

when you say cabinteely, do you mean Cherrywood!? it's on the N11 and the 45,84 and 145 go by it and the 7 leaves you a little further away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

RuggieBear wrote:
    when you say cabinteely, do you mean Cherrywood!? it's on the N11 and the 45,84 and 145 go by it and the 7 leaves you a little further away....

Told you I didn't know where I was going !!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I did a tech support interview for there a few years back, got the job to but turned it down. There was three parts, a technical interview where you just talk tech really. They asked things like:
    "If money was no obstacle, tell me what spec machine you'd build"
    "Tell us about a technical problem you came up against and how you overcame it"

Next they did a "phone" test. They send you into a room by yourself with a phone and ring you pretending to be a customer. You get two calls, apparently they're not looking for techie ability here, just your phone manner.

The next interview is the HR interview, just a chat really, to make sure you're not a sociopath or anything.

After that I was called back up to the plant in Bray and they showed me around and I sat in on a few calls and spoke to a few of the techies. They'll tell you about the salary, benefits etc.

As far as I know if you get to that stage you're pretty much in.

This was a few years ago now so things may have changed but then again they may not have. Hope this helps, all the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

I had the "tech test" last week over the phone, was told later that day that I did really well.

BTW the job that I'm going for is in the Silver Server Support team !!!

And yes the name does sound stupid :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

What kind of money could one expect nowdays in dell doing tech support?

Advertisement