Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best MP3 Player?

Options
  • 09-12-2004 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I might be starting this in the wrong place. Forgive me if I am, it's my first one! :D Anyway, I'm basically wondering about mp3 players. I've seen another thread here singing the praises of the Creative Zen touch micro. I was looking at the 20G version myself. Are these the best for the money? What about the iRIVER? Any info appreciated, including where to buy. Also, is it a bad idea to use HDD players for the gym? Will the shock kill them? :eek:

Thanks........ :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Welcome to boards. ;)
    Try this thread

That may help you decide. (Get the IRiver HP-140).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

alot of people swear on the iPod, is a nifty device

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Whats The Best Mp3 Player?
    I dont think the really is a right answer to that, everyone has their own prefferences. But i think the iriver H140/120 is pretty good.
    Also, is it a bad idea to use HDD players for the gym? Will the shock kill them?
    I think it would be a bad idea alright, normal HDD arent shock proof and these players have smaller drives so more sensitive i guess to shocks etc.
    Do a google for misticriver (www.misticriver.net i think), might convince you to get an iriver.....

Jozi

And welcome to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TGM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to do a bit more looking around I guess. I spotted the Creative for $219 on bhphoto.com. Works out at 165 yoyo's! It's 299 on the Creative website!. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I've had 3 mp3 players in my life!!!
    The first was mp3 CD player from NAPA. Still works and very happy with it.
    The second was a present MUVO 64mb flash player from Creative, very basic player but dose what it says,flash players are ideal for jogging etc.
    The third I got two weeks ago, its the Zen Micro 5Gig HD player. It dose all it says, I'm happy with it although the radio reception could be better!!! for the rest a great little player and I mean LITTLE player.
    If you tell us your purposes ie uses etc of the player we will help you to choose!!! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THR IRIVER h300 SERIES IS CURRENTLY THE BEST PLAYER....I HAVE ONE AND I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK....IM COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH SOUND QUALITY AND THIS DOESNT DISSAPOINT. PLAYS MOVIES ALSO....THE IPOD ISNT BAD BUT THE SOUND QUALITY IS NOT AS GOOD....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Kevo, step 1) Turn off Caps Lock. 2) Break your Caps Lock and Shift keys.

Most HDD based mp3 players will work ok for jogging, if you use an armband. This helps reduce shocks.

Has anyone used the Archos Gmini XS200? It's the same size as a Micro-Harddrive player, but has 20GB of space. I'm just wondering about the sound quality....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could spend days reading all the threads they usually end up with the same thing

get an iPod if you want a pretty fashion accessory which could be controlled by a remedial lobotomy patient

if you value sound quality and functionality above those 2 get an iriver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

rubadub wrote:
    You could spend days reading all the threads they usually end up with the same thing

get an iPod if you want a pretty fashion accessory which could be controlled by a remedial lobotomy patient

if you value sound quality and functionality above those 2 get an iriver

Spotted an Iriver iRiver iFP-790 http://www.bhphotovideo.com for $134 , seems pretty cheap, is this a good sound quality player ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't know if it is good but you may have to pay duty & VAT on that +on the shipping if you buy it from them. It is on ebay for less too and you wont be charge VAT if you ask them there. I personally wouldnt pay that much for a measly 256MB player.

there may be comments on www.misticriver.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

rubadub wrote:
    I don't know if it is good but you may have to pay duty & VAT on that +on the shipping if you buy it from them. It is on ebay for less too and you wont be charge VAT if you ask them there. I personally wouldnt pay that much for a measly 256MB player.

there may be comments on www.misticriver.net

Thanks , yes i see the memory is quite low on that one

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TGM

In case anyone's interested, I purchased the 5GB Zen Micro & it's class. I cannot fault it. Sound quality with the supplied headphones is excellent. However, they're not very good at staying in your ear at the gym. Anyone know of a better set of cans with the same quality sound?

Advertisement