Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lighting fusebox in E34

Options
  • 09-12-2004 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I have an awful hangover and I'm not in the best of condition for sticking my head under dashboards and bonnets, so to save me that chore does anyone know offhand where the lighting fusebox is in an E34? Dips in particular.

adam

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Check the passenger side of the engine bay just in front of the scuttle.
    According to Mr. Haynes, look @ fuses #13 & 14 (l & r light fuses respectively) (side lights are fuses #22 & 23 & full beams are #1 & 2)
    All are 7.5A!
    If its not the fuses then check relay K4 (swap it with a realy with the same numbers on its underside).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nice one kbannon. Next time I change a bulb I'll remember to turn the lightswitch off first. :)

adam

did you sort it? (I assume by now the gargle has worn off!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Is the battery is a weird place like under the back seat. Was kind of surprised to find the battery and fusebox are above the rear wheel arch in the E39. Thought every car had them beside the engine.

Actually there are fuses everywhere on the E39 - no idea what half of them are for!

• Advertisement

Another electrics query, more generic: I seem to remember a slight brightening of lights when revving from idle being an early indicator of a failing battery or alternator, would I be right in that? Which?

Thanks for that btw kbannon, all sorted.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alternator, dont rush off to buy a new one. Get the existing unit reconditioned i.e. new brushes. Less than half the price including labour, any good auto electrician will do that.

Mike.

Excellent, wouldn't have thought of that. Is it an NCT issue? (Got mine in Feb.)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope!

Mike.

God ye're fierce handy altogether. Thanks everybody!

• Advertisement
Advertisement