Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Young xmas party

• 09-12-2004 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Am going to The Dave Young xmas party tonight in the Red Cow. Is it really gonna be as bad as I think it will??
    Still gonna go as it's with some lovely people from previous job but will I spend the whole of his set cringing ,afraid to leave my seat in case he spots me & includes me in his repartie????

Would just appreciate heads up on this if anyone's been already....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I was at one of his Christmas parties a few years ago. Some bright spark where I was working at the time thought he was extremely funny and booked the Annual Work Christmas Party there just so we could have him for the "entertainment" (I use the term in the loosest possible manner).
    FFS, I was never more bored in my life.

I went off to the loo when he was full flight in one of his stories and he leaped off the stage and ran out the door into the ladies after me! :eek:
    I just turned around and told him to get the fcuk away from me which of course was picked up on his mic :D

Watch your back!! He's a complete spanner :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs.Babalady

Oh j*sus, that's exactly what I feared. I'm kinda planking it now!
    I hate that nervous feeling & if he does pounce on me i'll have to play along even though i'd feel like decking him.

Have to be polite in front of people i'm with, am trying to get new contract with them....

thanks for that Kermette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Don't be afraid. Just rip the mic out of his hand and batter him black and blue about the head and shoulders.
    I'm sooo sorry that I never had the good sense to do it that time he came after me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs.Babalady

Well ,if I do get plastered (which wouldn't be ideal given i'm looking for new contract) I will beat him on your behalf.

Think i will have few drinks to steady the aul nerves before I even head out now!

Few of the people who are going are,how shall I say, older & VERY mild mannered. Don't think they will understand the bluer end of things but this may be a blessing in the long run

Advertisement