Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New voyages

Options
  • 09-12-2004 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

http://www.newvoyages.com
    It the 5th year of the 5 year mission of Enterprise TOS.

Just was thinking about them today and saw they had a second episode done.

Comments

That is so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

First one was a bit crap, but I'll have a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That guy playing Kirk is just as bad... no no no a much worse actor than Shatner himself... the story is a bit weak, the rendering is done very well tho and i like the way that they've physically recreated the bridge and not just used bluescreen after bluescreen.

*edit*

Just finished watching it. Overall it's good but one thing i dont get, at the end when spock is talking to pike in the chair, he taps a 24th century voyager style communicator, i know this all has to do with time travel but the 24th century wasn't even mentioned in the episode, and what was it that 'had to be done'?! I Just don't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

first episode wasent the greatest but i might still dl it

Was looking over their forums there last night, a few guys who wrote ds9 eps are writing episode 3... sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Sound better than the first two...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

and what was it that 'had to be done'

you need to dig out the tos episodes menagerie parts 1 and 2 and pay particular attention to the opening 10 minutes or so of part 1 and youll see what had to be done to retore the timeline

shin

Meh... cba... what was it? And how exactly did it involve the 24th century?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I downloaded episode 2. It was terrible. Bad acting, cheap rendering, terrible story. What the heck was with
    the Farugat just turning into the Enterprise when it came back through the larger Gateway? This doesn't make sense at all
    . And I thought the part with
    Deckard and Veronica was full of sentimentalism and devoid of real emotion or substance

The
    Pike storyline was atrocious

Yeah the acting is pretty bad but i have to say the rendering wasn't too bad, especially when they managed to seemlessly blend spock with the larger guardian. I also liked the way they recreated the enterprise's bridge from scratch. The storyline itself tho was pretty confusing, i'm still trying to figure out why admiral spock towards the end had a 24th century communicator, when there was no reference to the 24th century in the storyline at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement