Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useing Gmail as a Business Maill address?

Options
  • 09-12-2004 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

I was just wondering If Gmail allowed the use of its free mail servise to be used by bussinesses?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you don't find the answer in the ToS, ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/terms_of_use.html
    Personal Use. The Service is made available to you for your personal use only. Due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (which is available at http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm), you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Service. You must provide current, accurate identification, contact, and other information that may be required as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Service password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur thereunder. Google reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why would you want to use a free email service for business?
    Although it may not be as ubiquitous as hotmail or yahoo it will be soon enough and anybody using those for business cannot be taken too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

blacknight wrote:
    Why would you want to use a free email service for business?
    Although it may not be as ubiquitous as hotmail or yahoo it will be soon enough and anybody using those for business cannot be taken too seriously.
    Agreed... Doesn't your host offer emails? If they don't, I'd consider looking for one that does, even if that means moving to a paid one (which I presume you aren't on).

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of times I see company advertisments like;

"Visit out website at www.CompanyName.ie or email info@indigo.net"

etc..

Wtf? :confused: It just doesnt make sense! If a company can afford to host their own domain - email should come with it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Philbert wrote:
    "Visit out website at www.CompanyName.ie or email info@indigo.net"

If the company just bought the URL and pointed it at the free site without mail, you'd see whatever@indigo(or whatever).net then.

Alot of people just dont know aswell though !! :o

Advertisement