Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K700i

Options
  • 09-12-2004 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Got myself a K700 yesterday and am very impressed. Just a couple of issues. I bought it sim free but it had o2 branding on the menus, which im pissed about. Im on vodafone so i deleted the o2 wap and mms settings, only problem is the sony ericsson site wont work for me to get the settings sent to me.

Any chance anyone has the settings and instructions off hand?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

had a look but page wasnt working for me either. had a quick look try this link
    http://www.myglobe.com.ph/portal/configurationguide/SonyEricssonK700iManualSettings.pdf

how much was it to buy it sim free,where did you get it?

i was thinking of gettin it but they said they only had it on bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I just got rid of one gibson, but sharkman has one for sale on the FS Mobiles section....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

First set up the data account in Connectivity->Data comm.->Data accounts->New account. Give it a name and then you just need the APN, username & password here. For WAP2.0 use live.vodafone.com as the APN. Username and password are both 'dublin' (with no '').

Then go to Connectivity->Internet settings->Internet profiles->New profile. Give it a name and tell it to connect using the data account you just set up above. Press save. Then highlight the profile you have just created, press More->Settings. Set Internet Mode to Http, set Use proxy to yes, enter the IP address (010.024.059.100) and the port number (80). Press save. Highlight your new WAP2.0 profile again and press More->Advanced->Change homepage and enter the Voda WAP2.0 homepage (http://live.vodafone.com). Finally, make sure that the correct internet profile is selected (i.e. the black dot is next to your new WAP2.0 profile). Then return to the standby screen and hit the online button and it should work, all going well.

Also, if you are still having problems make sure you are provisioned for access to the APN. If you are not sure give customer care a call.

Use the same procedure for setting up your ISP GPRS profile if you are a pay monthly customer. The settings are in the sticky at the top of the forum.

For setting up MMS use the same procedure as that above (get the MMS settings from the sticky). Then go to messenging->settings->picture message and enter the message server (http://www.vodafone.ie/mms) and the MMS internet profile you set up for MMS.

BTW, the Sony Ericsson site is working fine for me for sending out the WAP and MMS settings. Give that another go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

just sent you a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

exelent phone .

loads of memory can do almost anything

i really recomend them..

• Advertisement
Advertisement