Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave - is this normal?

• 09-12-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

When I connect (when being the important word here) I get a green light, which from reading the posts here looks quite rare :) My connection drops every half hour or so, and I'm back to a blinking red light for perhaps another half hour. Speeds when connected are reasonable, perhaps 30-40k on average.

Is this to be expected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

How long this been happening???

Should stabilise after a few days if you leave it in the same spot.

If it's an ongoing problem then ask them to take you off the nomadic setting and lock your modem onto the base station from which you are getting the green light.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They areonly set to nomadic if their is an initial signal problem to see if you pick up a signal from somewhere else.

You could be just in a signal black spot

Advertisement