Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs At Clubs/Raves

• 09-12-2004 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Id presume a lot of people here are recreational drug users when they go clubbing whether it be E`s,Coke,Speed,etc..whats your opinions on drugs in clubs/Raves?Do you think a nite out can be determined by how many people are on E`s,etc?even after all the years ive been on the scene i believe it can..i rarely take pills thesedays..once a year at a push,in fact i rarely go to clubs thesedays but on occasions that i have gone just on the beer there a few months ago i noticed that the atmosphere was flat the whole nite reason apprently being that there were no pills in the club to be got,its a sad reflection really but in reality nothing has changed from the 1990`s.when i used to go out Raving a couple of times a week for years back in the 1990`s many nites ive been to clubs and there has been a shortage of chemicals and unfortunately the atmosphere wasnt great at all..sure your always gonna have people who dont take stuff and have a good time but overall ive found that on the whole most people there will be users and if they cant "score anything" then the nite becomes a bit of a letdown..opinions please>... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

No E's to be found in a nite club.
    What a sad, sad day this is for Irish society as a whole [sarcasm]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Anyone who has any sense scores there goodies ahem I mean evil drugs well before heading out off a good reliable source...

Cheaper, safer and less sketchy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thats not the issue here though Giles,what i was asking was what people think in general about the use of drugs in Clubs/Raves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

You don't need drugs to have a good time. I've also heard people say that without taking E, the music sounds crap. If it sounds crap with no drugs, you don't like the music, so don't pretend you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If someone can't enjoy going out without drugs, they're doing it for the wrong reasons IMO. Drugs are there to make the night more fun, not to make the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the best atmosphere youll ever find in a club is when everyone is there for the music

take electric city in the metropolitan for example, ive very very rarely seen too many people in there off their face, but the atmosphere is generally bang on

if you cant enjoy a night out without pill then dont go out any more, youll be no loss to club culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

not much of a man for the large doses of white drugs these days, but the atmosphere in a small dark dingy club full of people on drugs is better than the atmosphere without imo...

one of the reasons switch was wicked and the metropolitan just dont always feel right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Much better when theres a few luntatics on drugs. And you can still love the music just as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Helix wrote:
    the best atmosphere youll ever find in a club is when everyone is there for the music

take electric city in the metropolitan for example, ive very very rarely seen too many people in there off their face, but the atmosphere is generally bang on

if you cant enjoy a night out without pill then dont go out any more, youll be no loss to club culture
    While you may not have seen too many, its not necessarily the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

if its a ****e night then yokes can make it a good one but if the atmospheres already there you dont really need them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

bennyx_o wrote:
    You don't need drugs to have a good time. I've also heard people say that without taking E, the music sounds crap. If it sounds crap with no drugs, you don't like the music, so don't pretend you do.

no offence benny but if uve never tried e then you cant really make a statement like that. if u think a song sounds crap when your not off your face then itll still sound crap when you are off your face. what e will do is make music you like sound a bizillion times better and youll realize what dance music is really for. you can actually feel the music like when theres a big build up in a dance song sometimes you just have to stand there and feel it building up inside you.

thafitz wrote:
    if u think a song sounds crap when your not off your face then itll still sound crap when you are off your face.

nah i disagree, some tunes sound deadly when your off your face but then when your not the next day it sounds absoloutely ****e

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    nah i disagree, some tunes sound deadly when your off your face but then when your not the next day it sounds absoloutely ****e

yeah but (for me anyway) , those songs start to grow on me. probably cos they remind me of a good night.

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Oh I might just bite...................... ;)

You can have a better time with **** music when your on pills than you otherwise would. But why bother when you can be listening to good tunes and enjoying them even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

in my opinion drugs are for losers with nothing else better in there life to spend their money and time on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in my opinion, you are an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

in my opinion drugs are for losers with nothing else better in there life to spend their money and time on!

Hehe that's one of the most narrow-minded and stupid posts I've heard in a while. I'm guessing you don't drink or smoke then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

More to a good night than drugs for instance bad drug exp ( the ones other pople have lol )

If the DJ cant lift a drug free crowd therein lies the problem , tis his job to do that . Drugs can make YOUR night fun but on the whole decent music is what makes a good atmosphere.

kdjac

SuprSi wrote:
    Hehe that's one of the most narrow-minded and stupid posts I've heard in a while. I'm guessing you don't drink or smoke then?

have to agree with SuprSi here. its kinda stupid to make statements about things that you have no knowledge of. and if you have tried some drugs and not liked them, fair enough. but dont go slating ppl about what they choose to do or not to do. if ppl can have more fun and a better night out with drugs, i dont see anything wrong with that (once youre not overdoing it). just because drugs are branded as being illegal everybody thinks they are worse than they are just because they illegal. too much drugs are bad for you but so is too much drink or cigarettes. its all about not letting it get out of hand, just like with drink.

• Advertisement

I knew plenty of young muck savages like your self, GalwayBoy, who changed their tune fair quick when they started to do drugs.

Just checking you out GalwayBoy. This is your first post on this forum. Seemingly you're really into computers and mobile phones, so why dont you **** off to those boards and leave the retarded comments to some of us who actually like music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ignorant, uninformed, stupid, close-minded, twat, culchie, eejit. Take your pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Take too many and you might end up like this guy......... :D

http://www.genericorp.net/~profolyx/vid/dance.wmv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

just wondering why drugs are so closely related to danse music, and not any other type of music. it says a lot about the music.....and the people who listen to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

L.W wrote:
    just wondering why drugs are so closely related to danse music, and not any other type of music. it says a lot about the music.....and the people who listen to it.

Are you serious lol ? Pills make you dance...dance music is good to ...dance to ?

also raves will usually go on till 6 the next morning so they'll keep you up and energetic

L.W wrote:
    You've obvioulsy never been to a Coldplay gig. Thousands of people off their faces on ecstacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

I have 2 say...I,ve done a good few of da things meself aswell as the usual other stuff and i totally agree with thafitz. You cant really knock something til you've tried. I've had sum of the best and most memorable nites of my life on e's in CLUB SPACE in Camolin, Wexford back in the day. But these days are gone now and clubland has really changed 4 the worse in ireland the last few years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement