Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid poll

Options
  • 09-12-2004 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Answer me these questions three (ok it's really only one question). Which metroid game is the best? And I'm not counting metroid zero mission. As good as it is it does'nt qualify for this poll. ;)

Which Metroid game is the best? 20 votes

Metroid
    0% 0 votes
    Metroid II
    0% 0 votes
    Super Metroid
    5% 1 vote
    Metroid fusion
    40% 8 votes
    Metroid Prime
    15% 3 votes
    Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes
    40% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you asked me this question in a years time, i'd prolly go with metroid prime.
    super metroid is still the daddy in my opinion though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

I've really gotten into metroid prime 2. Briliant game. It just about gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime all the way.
    And why doesn't MZM qualify for the poll? It's my 3rd favourite (behind MP and MP2).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i vote prime 1 as ive only played it, fusion and prime 2 and i havnt finished prime 2 yet so prime 1 gets the vote atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Went with Super Metroid, cos it's STILL an excellent game. I get out the SNES every once in a while to go through it again :)

My #2 choice would be Fusion, cos I really enjoyed the old school nature of it.

Metroid Prime is a great FPS though, but it ain't Super ;) Have to wait until Christmas to play Prime 2, ho hum!

I was a bit underwhelmed with Zero Mission, couldn't touch Fusion for GBA Metroid fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

i went with fusion. i love prime but i can't sit on a bus and play it (without getting funny looks anyway... :D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Metroid for me. Theres no better example of a game of its type. Prime is very good and quite an amazing achievement but I don't think it can touch Super Metroid. Also it didn't scare the crap out of me at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Love the opening to Super Metroid on the deserted space station, it's simply brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm not sure which. I've played Metoid Prime 1 &2 and Metroid Zero Mission. I couldn't really choose between Prime 1 & 2. I agree with kirby though, zero mission should be on the list. The sequence breaking is a unique feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i would go 4 fusion super was decent tooooooo much scanning in prime which was great but just to stretch the game out i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Metroid Zero Mission does'nt make the list because
    I'm only counting originals. I have it and it's a great
    game but it's not a true original, just an update.

Advertisement