Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your first anime movie that impressed u?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Akira

Looks like there was a whole heap of us sitting watching channel 4 that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

First one i watched was Akira, that was when they were showing anime on BBC 1 every few nights. Since i was only about 11 i found the story really hard to follow, but i still liked it, probably because of how different it was to what i usually watched at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Akira - what a smack in the mouth as a kid,excellent movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

First one I ever saw was the macross saga but the one that really got my interest into anime was Akira. Probably one of the best animes I ever saw. Ghost in the shell was also a great anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Engo

yes of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

Arika for me too:)

I'm looking for the orginal Japanese version on DVD with Eng subtitles.. ANyone know where I coul d get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

I cant remember what the first anime I saw was, I was quite young.
    The first one i remember seeing was Ninja Scroll, still one of the best movies I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rasputin

When I started watch anime the ones that amazed and awed me were the usual suspects:
    Akira Truely awesome and intense

GitS I wanna live in that universe and I am trying to collect
    the manga, still (computer parts come first,
    Masamune Shirow would understand)

Neon Genesis Evangelion Beautiful, bordering on anime perfection

and the not so usual suspect:

Wings of Honneamise Beautiful and inspiring

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Now that I think of it, the very first anime I saw was either Perfect Blue or Akira... but they didn't register with me as anime until much later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Project A-KO back in 1993 or 94. So funny, so insane. Still one of my favourites :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

akira

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Akira was the first one I saw too. My local Xtravision had a whole Manga Video section back in the mid 90's.

It was the double pack too... with the subtitled version on one tape and the production report on the other.

It was great when Channel 4 showed lots of stuff late night though. What was that one with the physic detective who looked like boy george? In one of them he was on the trail of serial killer and the other one had a ghost dog in it... they were pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

For me it would probably be Fist of The North Star ..the fight scenes were class ...and Akira too altho the story is a bit all over the place.

But before that (and I dunno if this would be classed as anime as it was a french-japanese collaboration)it was the mighty Ulysses 31 !!!

"Ulysses...ulysse-es ,floating thru all the galaxi-es "
    Deadly soundtrack ! :D

Advertisement