Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Trailer for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This film. Is going. TO ROCK!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

..Song ..is ..going ..to ..drive ..me ..mad.

Bless you Elfman ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Faith restored! It looks fabulous! Willy wonka willy wonka *starts singing along*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hope that song isn't in it.
    I don't think it will replace the old one, thats the one we grew up on, and it's pretty good if you fast forward the songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was just about to post this!...

One thing i will says is that it shows a lot more than a teaser trailer typically does.

I was the one person who was really apprehensive about it.. but after seeing the teaser, i'm actually looking forward to it!

Still don't think Johnny Depp will replace Gene Wilder as the 'ultimate Wonka'.. but he certainly looks interesting in it.

Like the way they've left the rhyming implemented into Wonka's speech also: "chewing gum is really gross... chewing gum, i hate the most"

Roll on Summer 2005!

PS - to download the trailer, right click mouse and 'Save Target As' here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

First of all it looks brill..

but..
    did anyone else get a "Harry Potter" feel off it?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cork_girl wrote:
    First of all it looks brill..

but..
    did anyone else get a "Harry Potter" feel off it?! :rolleyes:
    Nope, didn't get much of a Potter feel off it..

Too zany and wacky to give the illusion of a 'Harry Potter' film!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ok! prob just me!!! :D I dunno.. the small pudgy fella.. reminded me of Dudley in Harry Potter.. and the sitting room.. hmm.. I dunno! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Looks visually impressive but boy does that jingle grate! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

[spoilsport]
    depp looks wiiieeeerrrddd .....
    I still hold reservations..

looks good visually, but the lack of talkie means i cant get a good "feel" for it...

i still think it could be a real stinker
    [/spoilsport]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Whoah, Depp is the spitting image of Audrey Tautou (Amélie) in that clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wow, looks deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

Burton gave us a fantastic rendition of the Dark Knight, he turned Planet of the Apes into some silly monkey business... let's hope he does the business with Willy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I really need BB :mad: This taking ages to view. Watched the first half so far, looks amazing. Tim Burton is one of my fav directors.

... let's hope he does the business with Willy.
    Pardon?

But why does Depp look like that character from The Incredibles who made their costumes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

Pardon?

Of course there's always the chance that Burton's Willy could stiff at the box office but I have a good feeling about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Was aghast on first viewing but its really really grown on me. Depps manic inane facial expressions are perfect and the colour is perfect, bright to the point of being creepy....

So, initial impressions are optimistic.... roll on Summer 2005!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

even though it took an eternity to download that, looks great - really had my reservations about this, espcailly as i watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the 1st time last week and was absolutely horrified that Johnny Depp could be nominated for an oscar for what I think is somebody doing (vocally!) a very bad Tommy Cooper impression.

Apart from that though even though I'm still undecided about johnny depp, film looks much better than I would have expected, the factory looks amazing!

Argh! Is anyone else having trouble getting that ditty out of their head - Willy wonka willy wonka argh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

samo wrote:
    even though it took an eternity to download that, looks great - really had my reservations about this, espcailly as i watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the 1st time last week and was absolutely horrified that Johnny Depp could be nominated for an oscar for what I think is somebody doing (vocally!) a very bad Tommy Cooper impression.

Apart from that though even though I'm still undecided about johnny depp, film looks much better than I would have expected, the factory looks amazing!
    Actually it was a Keith Richards Impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I thought the trailer looked rubbish myself. Was expecting it to be darker

Not trailer. Teaser.

And besides, the darkness of the story comes from the characters, of course thats not going to be protrayed in a 30 second teaser...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Please tell me they still have umpa lumpas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not trailer. Teaser.

And besides, the darkness of the story comes from the characters, of course thats not going to be protrayed in a 30 second teaser...

I dunno dude, I didnt expect him to see him walking into clear plain glass windows lenny henry style. Doesnt look very sinister at all.

This is why i dissaprove of remakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

cool. i cant wait for that. Feck the kids, im going once with them and once without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

It looks pants tbh.

RasTa wrote:
    I dunno dude, I didnt expect him to see him walking into clear plain glass windows lenny henry style. Doesnt look very sinister at all.
    Gah it's too hard for you to judge if it's sinister or not. Too difficult for any of us who haven't read the script or been on set. Personally, Johnny Depp's Wonka looks freakier than Wilder's ever did. It also must be remembered that what mostly made the original dark was the way Wilder imbued the manic quality into Wonka, being peevish at times. The two dark elements come from Wonka's lackey, trying to thwart Charlie, and the boat scene. That's a small element of the movie yet somehow not seeing them in the teaser makes the remake not sinister like the original (which wasn't exactly Oz).

I love the original. I've only seen a handful of other movies more than it but the teaser really interests me. I don't want a carbon copy of the original and a bit of a re-imagining, that stays pretty faithful to the original plot, is the best way to go. We'll know more in a few months.

Advertisement