Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mars Volta

Options
  • 10-12-2004 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Well the follow up to the best album of last year(the last decade!) is coming out in March. It was ment to be coming out in November but it got delayed. You can listen to one of the tracks here(click on the "Rock / Alternative" button to launch a Flash-based player)
    Some rumours are the album is going to be 77mins long, The final track being 34mins :eek:
    Anyway bring it on

Bah they just changed the tracklist on the player. More info on the album can be found Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

34 minutes... Deadly. Do you know if that's constant music, or is there a secret track type thing? Don't much care for hidden tracks. It'll be very interesting to hear the new album. Last one was so good I almost don't want them to release anything else. Although it would probably mean a tour...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Along with the new NIN album in early 2005 this is fantastic news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

I can't wait for this album. De-loused is one of my all-time favourite albums! I heard rumours that they are playing in february, anyone know anything else about this? Can't believe I missed them at witness two(?) years ago. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

O there touring Europe this summer but of course there doing 2 or 3 UK shows and no IRL! I might go over to London to catch them.

Also that Widow track from the new album is a stunner! Sounds a bit like televators. I dont want to hype the album up to much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I can't wait for this album. De-loused is one of my all-time favourite albums! I heard rumours that they are playing in february, anyone know anything else about this? Can't believe I missed them at witness two(?) years ago. :mad:

i was there! right up the front it was a very good gig, smashy smashy of instruments and mics too! best band at witness that year in my opinion.

they do wear disturbingly tight pants tho :eek:

track can be found here too

http://www.mumps.ca/audio/#TheMarsVolta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

sound_wave wrote:
    i was there! right up the front it was a very good gig, smashy smashy of instruments and mics too! best band at witness that year in my opinion.

they do wear disturbingly tight pants tho :eek:

track can be found here too

http://www.mumps.ca/audio/#TheMarsVolta

Yeah i heard it was amazing.
    Thanks for the link, I wasn't able to get it through the others. The widow sounds great, now i want the album even more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah i was there up the front too it was unbelievble. they were easily the best band of the weekend (though the 80's matchbox B-line disaster, who were on right before them, were amazing too).
    I just stood there open-mouthed for the whole thing. What else could you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

im_not_ok wrote:
    What else could you do?

Head to the sound desk to remind the sound man that the vocal monitors weren't working and yell at him to sort it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

im_not_ok wrote:
    yeah i was there up the front too it was unbelievble. they were easily the best band of the weekend (though the 80's matchbox B-line disaster, who were on right before them, were amazing too).
    I just stood there open-mouthed for the whole thing. What else could you do?
    Yes. I fully agree. Those two bands, best bit of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

excellent, didnt know they had a new album out soon
    me and 2 mates are going over to manchester in jan to see them

imo, every single person in the WORLD should listen to the mars volta :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've heard that the album is going to be one continuos piece of music, 77 minutes long. Anyone who reads The Void on Ch4 teletext (p350) see this too?

First album was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I've heard that the album is going to be one continuos piece of music, 77 minutes long. Anyone who reads The Void on Ch4 teletext (p350) see this too?

First album was class.

that would be cool kinda like fantomas (and i'm sure others) have done.

Advertisement