Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On whether U2 were miming on Johnathan Ross

Options
  • 10-12-2004 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I work as a stand-up comedian, and I did a gig last night in Gibneys in Malahide (wierd crowd, half posh/half knacker), and on my way out I saw Larry Mullen Jr sitting at the bar with some of his pals.
    I had a liitle chat with the great man, and, among other things, mentioned, that I had read on an internet forum that people were saying that Bono was singing to a backing track when you were on Johnathan Ross.
    He said, absolutley not, and then I went on to explain, that one of the messages on the forum was quite specific, suggesting that for the last part of "I will follow" Edge, and Bono shared a microphone, and Edge's voice had reverb on it, and Bono's voice didnt.
    He was very sincere, and said,"you go back on that message board, and tell them that we played live". What an amazingly approachable, and unassuming man. I gave him one of my DVD's and wrote on it, " To Larry Mullen, the most handsome member, of the greatest rock band in the world" Happy Christmas, Love
    David McSavage(aaaaaah)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Fair play to him. Is he such a dreamboat in real life? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

who cares?

apart from everyone who wrote on that thread, obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

David McSavage are you that funny bastard that slags everyone on the street? if so keep up the good work I like stopping when I see ya on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

David McSavage(aaaaaah)
    You wouldn't be plugging your DVD by any chance would you??!!
    So what if they where miming, its not as if they have done it all the time since they formed. My only complaint was when he (Bono) ripped his shirt open, that was a bit disturbing........ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

At least it wasn't his pants, now that would have resulted in "Aaahhhhhhhh!" :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement