Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash game all in AA preflop

Options
  • 10-12-2004 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Someone, I believe it was DeV/Hyzpeher but not sure, was recounting a ploy of a player he knows who goes all in with whatever stack he has in front of him, preflop, in cash games on VC. He may only get called 1 in 9 times or whatever, but generally if he does he gets doubled through.

Anyway, yesterday I was sitting at a 1-2 NL game on VC. I was dealt AA in late position. Had roughly $130, can't remember exactly. Anyway, I'm praying for a raise, and sure enough it comes. And then, glory, a re-raise comes in. I not that the re-raise comes with a chap who has about $35 or so in total. When it got to me I pushed all in. Original raiser has me covered and calls. Cards are shown. Original raiser has KK. Sweet. Re-raiser has AJc. Main pot is $107, side is about $180. Naturally AJc takes the main when he gets the flush! Still, at least my AA stood up to the KK so I improved, but only slightly.

Interesting ploy, pushing all in preflop with AA, regardless. What do ppl think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You'd have to play alot of hands before you could make a proper calculation as to what the best cash game tactic is with AA. They just don't come around often enough.
    While pushing all-in every time might get you your double through 1 in 9 times or whatever, maybe if you play them 'properly' in the long run you'll earn more.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

That's my thinking too. Main reason I pushed here was because I didn't want to get scared of a flop after a raise and re-raise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

i think its fine going all in in that situation, as you have raisers behind you, after all you do have the best hand. But I'd never go all in in a cash game with just limpers, unless I was short stacked, i'd just do a 2x - 6x BB raise depending on the table

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What CoD said basically. Taking limpers with AA is criminal. A pot sized raise if there are limpers or a multiple of the blinds if there arent is the way I'd play them. However if there HAS been a raise (and *especially* with a reraise) then ram jam thank you mam! You either get both to fold and take the raises or one will call (the other possibly/probably wont). If one calls... happy days! Even if both call that means they probably have hands that arent good at cracking aces (KK and AK for example)....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

With a raise and a re-raise going All-In is a fine play, well depending on stack size..
    All-in you will win the pot uncontested or maybe get it heads up. Ideal for AA.

If you just call (well you have position) with the intention of going all in barrring a horrible flop,... You may take alot of money of QQ KK Or AK(if flop comes KXX)...

As Doyle said "you'll either win a small pot or lose a big one"...Of course Doyle played with deep deep stacks......And when you call a raise with 44 or 67s your "praying for the other guy to have Aces or Kings so you can break to sonofabitch"

• Advertisement
Advertisement