Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity "Gifts"

• 10-12-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

A hoy hoy!

I am seriously contemplating giving my budget for crimbo gifts to charity but would like input. I have 5 siblings, brothers ages 15, 22, 24, sisters ages 20, 28.

I would buy each of them and my parents a 'gift' in the form of a charity donation. Now I know there is high moral ground stamped all over this but do you think they'll be pissed off? Granted part of the reason is that I'm ultra bad at christmas shopping but moreover they are in need of nowt, all are quite comfortable and my gifts would normally span the range of 'gizmos from Next or M+S, Vouchers / Call credit, or toiletries / Body Shop type sets they really don't need them!

Input please.

What do you think of charity christmas pressies? 11 votes

Do it, screw them if they are ungrateful.
    0% 0 votes
    Nice idea, but I'd hate to be your brother.
    27% 3 votes
    No way dude, bring on the pressies!
    45% 5 votes
    Atari Jaguar.
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

its a good idea but dunno if they would be too impressed with it if they go and buy you something cool.

dunno maybe mention it first kinda ruins the x-mas surprise but what can ya do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

I think its a nice idea....but you know them and we don't so only you'll know if they are gonna be pissed off or not!

tbh, I wouldn't be pissed off if my brother did that for me - but i'm nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

meepmeep wrote:
    I think its a nice idea....but you know them and we don't so only you'll know if they are gonna be pissed off or not!

I hear ya, TBH the 15yo. is very spoiled and would be none too happy on Christmas day but that is no reason IMHO not to do this. I know that if I am doing this at all tho' it'll be across the line, no exceptions.... my parents will love it, my siblings won't!

Anyway cheers for the feedback keep it coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

As long as its not a charity that pay for idiots to stand in the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

I think its a good idea, try give to a charity that your siblings support. For the past 10 years we have not sent christmas card instead we make a donation (£40) to the local kids hospital, at first people probably thought mean basturd but now most of our family and friends know and respect our actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

this gift reminds me of the imaginary remote controlled car i got for christmas a few years ago!!!

Advertisement