Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IR New Suburban Timetable - Where is it?

• 10-12-2004 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

About a month ago IR announced a new suburban timetable for the Dublin-Dundalk line. This is due to go into operation on Monday 13 December.

WHERE IS A COPY OF THE DAMN TIMETABLE???

I've asked in my local train station - they haven't received any yet. I've asked in Tara Street and Peare Street - they've run out.

I know that you can look up individual trains online on the journey planner part of their website, but is there somewhere where I can download entire the timetable?

To give an example of the fun and games ahead - my normal morning train leaves at 8.05am, but the departure time is now being changed to 8.03am. Wonder how many people have copped that? Two minutes can make a lot of difference at that hour of the morning.

Or is this IR's idea of a Christmas surprise? Their staff certainly will be when they're being bawled out of it by irate passengers who have just missed their train.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Over the last 3 years I've gotten used to IEs little timetable game. They generally change them around Dec 12th every year. When you ask in the station for a timetable they've either "run out", which I don't believe, or they haven't gotten them yet (more likely).

From my experience, you'll be able to pick up a timetable sometime in mid-late January. Best of luck over the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It's available on-line (at least for the Kildare line) and in the big complete timetable books that you have to pay for. Not sure about the handy pocket ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's piles of them in Drogheda station..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

eth0_ wrote:
    There's piles of them in Drogheda station..
    So that's where they go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Unshelved wrote:
    About a month ago IR announced a new suburban timetable for the Dublin-Dundalk line. This is due to go into operation on Monday 13 December.

WHERE IS A COPY OF THE DAMN TIMETABLE???

I've asked in my local train station - they haven't received any yet. I've asked in Tara Street and Peare Street - they've run out.

I know that you can look up individual trains online on the journey planner part of their website, but is there somewhere where I can download entire the timetable?

To give an example of the fun and games ahead - my normal morning train leaves at 8.05am, but the departure time is now being changed to 8.03am. Wonder how many people have copped that? Two minutes can make a lot of difference at that hour of the morning.

Or is this IR's idea of a Christmas surprise? Their staff certainly will be when they're being bawled out of it by irate passengers who have just missed their train.

The printed timetables should now be available at all stations - if there not, thats not good.

I suggest you take a look at the following link for complete details on the Dublin - Drogheda - Dundalk route.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2005/dublindundalk.pdf

For all other routes incl INTERCITY & COMMUTER please go to the following main page where you will find details of all routes:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetables.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement