Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Problems

• 10-12-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Up to a few months ago I had bb from esat bb with no problems (internet connection problems that is). since then I have acquired bb from digiweb. ever since I have had it installed, it takes most times up to five minutes for a page on google to load after initialising a search. But every other site is fine. what could be the problem.

thank's
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Hi Paddy,

I had the exact same problem .... turned out it was Norton Internet Security being the culprit !!!
    So if you use Norton IS try to disable it and try google again (NOTE that you have to close any IE windows and open a new IE session again ...).

Btw - even though I spend a lot of $$ on Norton IS, I have scrapped it and use Kerio firewall together with AVG antivirus .... all free and working like a charm :D

Hope this helps,
    Stone

Advertisement