Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar, Athlone or Kilkenny??

Options
  • 10-12-2004 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

I'm organising a weekend away for my football club and was wondering which of these three destinations people would recommend.

I would be grateful if people could list the pros and cons of each destination especially focusing on the nightlife

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I'd say Kilkenny, but then again I spend most of my life in the other two.

Stacks of pubs in both Athlone & Mullingar, with a good variety, so either town is good for a pub crawl. Lots of restaurants, chippers etc and you'll still get something to eat at 1 in the morning. A few clubs in each town, nothing outstanding, but nothing horrendous either. Not sure about Athlone, but Mullingar tends to be awash with women at the weekends. Both towns can be a bit rough at 3 or 4 in the morning, but then that seems to apply to every town in Ireland these days. B&B's no problem in either town.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye carlow ... go to carlow

tho i know u didnt say it i know u wana go there . its gud fun if there under 27

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

go to prague it would be cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deklet

Kilkenny... it's Party Central and it ROCKS!!! ... and I'm from Mullingar!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

deklet wrote:
    Kilkenny... it's Party Central and it ROCKS!!! ... and I'm from Mullingar!! :D

Mullingar... it's got lakes, roads, fetish bars, Christmas lights, The Greville, strip clubs... and depressed people.

some of the above may be factually dubious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Thanks for all your help guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

Occidental wrote:
    and depressed people.
    i wonder why in all fairness?? i have the misfortune of living there :mad: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

fetish bars in Mullingar??? deadly.
    Do tell more, I'm heading to Mullingar for my stag and wasn't expecting any of that carry-on.

Advertisement