Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - Retro Song

• 10-12-2004 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

TBH I've asked this in the correct thread but got no reply - maybe cos I crammed it into another topic...so I'm trying my question out here if that's ok.

Here we go:
    You should def. know this. It's a retro dance song played on Nova 94.6 tonight. Think the artist is called "The Shaker" but discogs has left me none the wiser. Lyrics are very hard to decipher but it's got an unmistakable piano track behind it. Lyrics go something like:

"....up your he-head...with feather in your ha-hair"
    "won't ya listen ple-ease, I'll put your mind at ease"

If anyone has the full info. that'd be great as I've realised I don't have copy of this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I wish I could help but Im stuffing my face with Feffero Rocher - nyum nyums!
    Not sure what that tune is. Its so hard to hear the air of a song when you read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Ah here I was thinking I got a reply!

It's a pretty upbeat classic, but nowhere near hard house.

What more can I do but sing it into a mic and upload it?! :) No I don't have a mic.

Edit: The vocal is female, although it's not totally smooth. :confused:

Think I got it - although I can't hear any samples so no way to know. Does this fit the bill?

The Shaker - Mooncat (Ugly Bug Records)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/75668

Found on oldskoolanthemz.com; not a bad resource!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Bri wrote:
    Think I got it - although I can't hear any samples so no way to know. Does this fit the bill?

The Shaker - Mooncat (Ugly Bug Records)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/75668

Found on oldskoolanthemz.com; not a bad resource!

TUNE

A SIDES CLASSIC..i remember it well............ :D

Excellent that means it's the one I was looking for!

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

is it not Mooncat - the Shaker?

Don't know but that's what discogs have it down as...comes up with plenty in google too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It is definitly 100% without a doubt - The Shaker "Mooncat" (I have the original 12").

It doesn't go "with feather in your ha-hair" anywhere in the tune, maybe you misheard!

It's more like...

"Won't ya stand up, won't ya, Won't ya stand up, won't ya"
    "Turnin up the bass, the treble's in your face"
    "Won't ya listen please, I'll put your mind at ease"

JD.

Ah you know yourself when u start reciting lyrics in your head with no music you kinda attached 'em to whatever words floating about.

There's a actually a website dedicated to misheard lyrics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

The Shaker also have a tune called "Strong To Survive" also on Ugly Bug, but Mooncat was a more popular tune. So the tune you're looking for is probably Mooncat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

jdempsey wrote:
    It is definitly 100% without a doubt - The Shaker "Mooncat" (I have the original 12").

It doesn't go "with feather in your ha-hair" anywhere in the tune, maybe you misheard!

It's more like...

"Won't ya stand up, won't ya, Won't ya stand up, won't ya"
    "Turnin up the bass, the treble's in your face"
    "Won't ya listen please, I'll put your mind at ease"

JD.

Ah now that I've read the correct lyrics I recall that one very well. Used to always hear it mixed into Artemisia back in the Arena in Armagh. Good times...

Advertisement