Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 - Phone Repair Nightmare What to Do??

Options
  • 10-12-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I bought a Sony Ericsson T610 last Jan for 220 euros

In August i sent it in for repair bacause the handset reception was God awful. It had to be sent back to the Manufacturec and was away from 9th August to 20th September. Wasn't very happy but these things happen.

It Came back and was 100% for a few weeks until the exact same again so off i trot to the 02 store and report same problem. They take the phone again and send it off 28th October to the 3rd December. Getting fairly annoyed now as everytime I contact them they know nothing but "its with Manufacturer".

Anyway went in Dec 3 when the phone was back, had to grab it and go but later when I put my card in it said it was for the Wrong Network. (Yes 02 gave me my phone back attached to a different network)

I went back Sat 4th and the phone had to be taken again. I Rang them today to see what the story was and was told it was with the Manufacturer.
    Got very annoyed with 02 store guy told him I was going to contact comreg (not even sure if I was right there) so he told me to contact Customer Care about it. I am currently waiting for a call back as they were out to lunch when i called them.

Anyone any opinions, what are my options, has anything similar happened anyone else?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

demand a new one,

or phone Danuta Grey - 01 6095000

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Have asked for a new one, all they do is offer me a coutresy one.

Who is Danuta Grey?
    Ignore that I googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If you are out of contract with them they will bend over backwards to help you out...

If not they bend you over and screw you...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Go to agree there. They were brilliant in January. I can't even ditch them in Jan when the contract is up as am heading off for a few months later in the year.

Advertisement