Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a bluetooth headset for a nokia 6310i

• 10-12-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a bluetooth headset for me missus for christmas. She's got a nokia 6310i so i figure, given how quickly all the wired headsets break, that bluetooth is the way to go.

I made the mistake of asking for advice in Carphone Warehouse where the guy just kept saying buy the Jabra (i think it was the 250), it's 90 euro - everything else is crap. I've done a bit of digging and found it on expansys for €70 + shipping, but they seem to have a load of other options, not least the official nokia one or the jabra 200 both of which are cheaper . Cost isn't really the issue, but I don't see the point in spending money for the sake of it.

I suppose my only criteria is that it's comfortable and it works.

Any suggestions / grave warnings?

Cheers.

R :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Sony Ericsson Akono headsets would be the best selling and most reliable in my opinion. Never seen one come back faulty. Don't go near the Motorola, every second one has bad reception or something else wrong with them.
    Nokia are OK, but tend to cost more just because they're 'Nokia' headsets.
    You also have to decide whether you want the headset to actually go into your ear (like headphones) or if you want it to just sit at your ear. The Jabras are like headphones for example. The Jabra 250 is the direct upgrade of the 200.
    CPW also do an own-brand model of Bluetooth headset, manufactured by Plantronics for around e60.
    Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I use the Plantronics M3000 bluetooth headset and couldn't fault it.

Mind you, I use it all the time with my Ericsson R520m, but my Father in Law was so impressed with it, I got him one for his 6310i. He thinks it's an amazing gadget, probably doesn't use it as much as I do, but he hasn't had any complaints with it.

Battery life is excellent, sound quality is great, it's light and comfortable and relatively easy to set up and use. It does get a bit uncomfortable after an hour or so, but unless you better half does a lot of long journeys, I don't really see this as a problem. It also comes with two ear clips - one large (for you) and one small (for her). smile.gif

I got it on Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭positron

Jabra 250 has 7 hours or so of talk time on it, and as far as I know its the maximum - bought one last week from cpw for €90, I am impressed.

Advertisement