Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What Quality do I need to stream at

• 10-12-2004 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Lump (John) has been great help at getting my head arround the video and audio capture so the next question is what is most suitable quality to capture the view at?

I am familiar with the mbps, resolution, etc - I want to produce a good quality sound and audio output to be shown on monitor or television but also want to be able to create this with relavie ease on the laptop (got a DELL X800) and not spend ages pushing arround gigs ad MiniDV quality (30mbps I think).

Phillip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You should be able to select the compression rate on the software. DVCam is compressed at 5:1.... Not sure of the Mbps.... I "think" it's 70mbps.... I may be talking out my ass though. Any way it's 5:1 for DvCam as I say, You'll probably be good going with 7:1 or 6:1

John

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

I was talking to a professional photographer yesterday and he advise me to do all in full quality if I can push it through my system ... which is at 30mbps for MiniDV native (going by what MS Movie maker tells me)....

What I'll do is kick off with MiniDV (given my single sequencial shots eliminating the need for elaborate cutting) and see how it goes... just hate waiting mins evertime I change something - should be getting Pinnacle Studio 9 in the post next week so hoping that that's a little slicker.

I used ULEAD before but found it a bit shaky and not at all intuative.

Keep you posted.

Phillip

Advertisement