Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband coming to Galway

• 10-12-2004 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I just got off the phone with NTL. I was told that they will have their Broadband Services available in Galway (and Waterford) early in the new year (she could not give me a specific date). "All the equipment has been delivered, it just needs to be setup", said the nice sales lady.

Finally, we may have some competition in the west for Broadband :D

-=- RintPete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

RintPete wrote:
    I just got off the phone with NTL. I was told that they will have their Broadband Services available in Galway (and Waterford) early in the new year (she could not give me a specific date). "All the equipment has been delivered, it just needs to be setup", said the nice sales lady.

Finally, we may have some competition in the west for Broadband :D

-=- RintPete
    God, If ever I needed an excuse to move back to Galway, this has to be it!!
    Of course if will probably 2007/8 before its available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

They bought bandwidth off the ESB a few weeks ago from both galway and waterford to dublin, so I imagine the actual launches aren't too far off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Moriarty wrote:
    waterford to dublin
    does that mean it will stretch up the east coast and include bray by any chance?

and will this broadband be the same as their normal cable broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Cremo wrote:
    does that mean it will stretch up the east coast and include bray by any chance?

and will this broadband be the same as their normal cable broadband?

'Almost certainly not' and 'yes', respectively.

aww that leave IOL BB as my only hope if you can call it that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

We're just after ordering IOL's 3 month trial, so we'll have till Feb/March to decide.

I've been waiting for the 1.5Meg/€50pm deal to come to Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You don't think it would be a little likelier that Bray would be enabled as part of the greater Dublin region than let's say Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Blaster99 wrote:
    You don't think it would be a little likelier that Bray would be enabled as part of the greater Dublin region than let's say Waterford?

I shouldn't think so. Waterford has been in the plans for cable broadband for quite some time now. It's about time too.

well bray should be in the pipeline as it's one of the biggest towns on the east coast, so i've been told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

dlofnep, are you saying that it's likelier that Bray will be included in the Waterford rollout than in the Dublin rollout? Bray is presumably connected to the Dublin cable network, particularly considering the northern part of Bray is in Co Dublin... Who knows if/when Bray will be upgraded, but there are obviously a lot of broadband hungry potential customers there, so you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Blaster99 wrote:
    dlofnep, are you saying that it's likelier that Bray will be included in the Waterford rollout than in the Dublin rollout? Bray is presumably connected to the Dublin cable network, particularly considering the northern part of Bray is in Co Dublin... Who knows if/when Bray will be upgraded, but there are obviously a lot of broadband hungry potential customers there, so you never know.

What?

No. I was starting that Waterford will most likely be finished beforehand. At least I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

ooh goodie goodie! ill be among the first to sign up! last time i rang them few month ago, they just said early 2005, now at least i ca see they are buying some bandwidth

Advertisement