Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ice Ice baby....

Options
  • 10-12-2004 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just interested to hear about the "systems" all you bass enthusiasts possess...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

You sound like someont that never saw a car before from all your posts. So u got a twincam,,,,,, they`ve been around a long time, nothing new like.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have a small fridge with an ice making compartment (door missing). Hows that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I had a bass several year ago but recently replaced it with a viola.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Bass is good but its not my favourite fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭x.x.x

jesus - she didn't ask for misfits to give HILLARIOUS sarky answers, answer the girls question or contribute somehow.
    in fact i've noticed twin cam girl getting alot more grief then she deserves, and if some of you are trying to intimidate people for posting on certain topics for fear of been set upon, your doing a good job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I think the reason shes been getting grief is because shes on the wrong forums.

Twin Cam Girl I think your looking for www.cruiseirl.com :)

point taken John, but i think she should be able to post about her interests here without being berated or being subject to snide comments, consistently.

x.x.x wrote:
    point taken John, but i think she should be able to post about her interests here without being berated or being subject to snide comments, consistently.

Her interests seem to be frowned upon on boards.ie ... She should have taken up on that hint on her first thread "dya want a race" ... People on boards.ie dont share similar interests and as I said they most likely frown upon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I like to mod my car but to be honest I've never really been into the idea of getting a system. My Focus's standard speaker system can deffon me if I put it up all the way :D Plus some systems with the huge speakers in the boot (pimp my ride) are a waist of space imo

let them frown all they like, they don't own the place and i suggest they grow up a little - if the don't like a topic don't soil it for others who might

• Advertisement

I think the reason people are being, uh, discouraging, is that this forum has thus far avoided the Max Power brigade, and whatever about the others here, I would prefer to keep it that way. (TBH I actually used to like Max Power, when those modders were on the frontier. They're sooo not anymore.)

If I want to discuss modded Glanza's with audio dump valves, I can go to CruiseIRL; if I want to be patronised by a bunch of know-it-alls, I can go to MotorNet; whereas if I want to talk to sensible people that are tolerant of intelligent (as against pack-rat) modding, I come here.

Long may it continue.

adam

x.x.x wrote:
    let them frown all they like, they don't own the place and i suggest they grow up a little - if the don't like a topic don't soil it for others who might

Well actually some of them do make donations to keep boards.ie up and running so...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

x.x.x wrote:
    if the don't like a topic don't soil it for others who might
    I think the line would be drawn before a dirty protest was instigated...

fúck it john your right, lets ban everyone and anything that doesn't meet with the 'donateors' approval

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I have the crap radio that came with the car. I'm told one of the speakers in the back isn't working but I don't really care as I'm hardly likely to be sitting in the back of my own car while driving it. And I don't have any homies who own baseball caps either.

I use one of these bad boys....

0002724261345_215X215.jpg

Works a dream in my fiesta.. can really feel the bass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭twin cam girl

JohnCleary wrote:
    I think the reason shes been getting grief is because shes on the wrong forums.

Twin Cam Girl I think your looking for www.cruiseirl.com :)

well mr.cleary It is in motors... why dont you tell me what you would like to be discussed in it?

That's "Motors" TCG, not "Monstrosities". Try saying them out loud. See the difference there?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

dahamsta wrote:
    if I want to be patronised by a bunch of know-it-alls, I can go to MotorNet

haha rofl, true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i knew someone who had an ace of base cd once.. they don't anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Never liked Bass myself, more of a Guinness man, but if it's good enough for An Taoiseach, then who am I to complain. I've just got a crappy blaupunkt cd player in mine, the VTEC in front of it provides enough sounds for me. I've got a Clarion system in tother car though which is pretty snazzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

newband wrote:
    i knew someone who had an ace of base cd once.. they don't anymore.
    Ehm, I have all of their CD's including the US special import single of Cruel Summer. Am I banned?

TCG - I long for a car with a CD player but the three heaps of snot I currently have don't merit one and sure as eggs is eggs as soon as I fit one the frigger would blow its head gasket and I'm back to 2fm through a 4" door speaker.

I had a Prelude with nine speakers and a 6 cd changer once but then the kids wouldn't fit in the back so I bought a Mondeo - nuff said?

I have an '88 Merc 190 which if all goes to plan I will crash through a pile of old pallets and burn for fun some weekend soon - would you bother putting ICE in something that had different colour front seats? Thought not.

Drop around for tea sometime - I'd love a spin in your car though, and we can bring my new Prodigy CD....

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I still don't get this ice thing, aircon is a lot more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hey twin-cam, are you going to the Tipp raceway to see the drifting today? All the usual suspects are there and the smell of tyresmoke will take days to fade.

Can you get your ancient Tayto sideways or does it just go in circles like all the others?

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

if its a RWD with good power and a good driver, it'll go side way! even a BMW 316i can go side way if you know how(not for long tho)!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What you want is a sound system that is so powerful that even when it's turned off it can drain the battery flat.

except in this case it's true ... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I used to have a TS-WX10LPA Pioneer Subwoofer, I had a problem with that one so while I was getting it fised I put in a TS-WX206A Pioneer Bandpass Amplified Subwoofer. I have pioneer TS-H1702 speakers in the front and
    pioneer TS-H683 speakers in the back. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP head unit. I like to listen to my music on a decent system at home so why settle for a sh1 standard car system as I spend a lot of time in the car listening to music. So what if the chick who started this thread is into cars? Your lame replies aren't even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

FX Meister wrote:
    I used to have a TS-WX10LPA Pioneer Subwoofer, I had a problem with that one so while I was getting it fised I put in a TS-WX206A Pioneer Bandpass Amplified Subwoofer. I have pioneer TS-H1702 speakers in the front and
    pioneer TS-H683 speakers in the back. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP head unit. I like to listen to my music on a decent system at home so why settle for a sh1 standard car system as I spend a lot of time in the car listening to music. So what if the chick who started this thread is into cars? Your lame replies aren't even funny.

That's a nice setup. I'm curious, did you find much difference in sound quality/power between the TS-WX10LPA and TS-WX206A. I know the cone is twice the size of the old one, and the amp is more powerful, but how does it sound? There are nice big air ducts on the 206A too compared to the small one on the 10LPA.

Cheers,

DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I much prefer the newer one, the level is turned down more on the new one than on my original sub and it sounds so much better. This one gives out the same bass I want but doesn't have to work as hard so quality is so much better. I tried a bigger one at the time too, the pump, it was €100 more but I didn't think it sounded as good at all. It is a good bit bigger in the boot but I wouldn't go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

FX Meister wrote:
    I much prefer the newer one, the level is turned down more on the new one than on my original sub and it sounds so much better. This one gives out the same bass I want but doesn't have to work as hard so quality is so much better. I tried a bigger one at the time too, the pump, it was €100 more but I didn't think it sounded as good at all. It is a good bit bigger in the boot but I wouldn't go back.

Thanks for that. I thought it might be better. The carpeted enclosure would help too I'd say, and the bigger box would mean more resonance. I've been wondering about this sub for a while. It seems like the best compromise between good sound and boot space!

DC.

Advertisement