Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ice Ice baby....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

yea nice setup, personally I stick with my Alpine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Standard Subaru RDS cassette player - but bass courtesy of a full stainless line, courtesy of Mr Magnex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I have a generic Ford setup. It's cool. (to rip of Jeremy Clarkson) It's a device that actually captures radio waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭twin cam girl

FX Meister wrote:
    I used to have a TS-WX10LPA Pioneer Subwoofer, I had a problem with that one so while I was getting it fised I put in a TS-WX206A Pioneer Bandpass Amplified Subwoofer. I have pioneer TS-H1702 speakers in the front and
    pioneer TS-H683 speakers in the back. I have a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP head unit. I like to listen to my music on a decent system at home so why settle for a sh1 standard car system as I spend a lot of time in the car listening to music. So what if the chick who started this thread is into cars? Your lame replies aren't even funny.

Nice... what have you got running the sub and speakers?? whats the total output from it??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

At this point some questions have to be asked to sort the men (or women) from the boys (or girls):
    1. What does RMS mean?
    2. What does the term "out of phase" mean?
    adam /I want you all to call me loretta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

dahamsta wrote:
    At this point some questions have to be asked to sort the men (or women) from the boys (or girls):
    1. What does RMS mean?
    2. What does the term "out of phase" mean?
    adam /I want you all to call me loretta

RMS = Root Mean Squared. This is the term I prefer to use to measure true output power of an amplifier. Another measurement is PMPO - 'Peak Music Power Output' (maximum output power or 'peak' power), which, depending on conversion, is roughly (not exactly) double the RMS value. This is why you have people buying crappy sound systems because it has '100W power'. The peak power is the measurement the manufacturers like to place on their product, when in fact system may only supply about 50W RMS. I prefer to the look for the RMS power of a system.

Out of phase = When 2 audio signals do not have exactly the same relationship to one another. This can result in a 'cancellation' - if this were to occur, the sound from the speaker would be dramatically reduced.
    Positive waves are generated when the cone moves out and negative waves are generated when the cone moves in. It is the full in-out cycle that produces sound waves depending on the frequency. If the signals were 'out of phase', the full movement of the speaker cannot be attained. Hence the full power of the speaker cannot be realised.

Can I be in the gang now please please please?

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

dahamsta wrote:
    If I want to discuss modded Glanza's with audio dump valves, I can go to CruiseIRL; if I want to be patronised by a bunch of know-it-alls, I can go to MotorNet; whereas if I want to talk to sensible people that are tolerant of intelligent (as against pack-rat) modding, I come here.

Long may it continue.

adam

When you search the boards dictionary for motors that should be displayed

Excellent

Farlz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Excellent dcGT! I wonder how many other ICE people knew those details...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The head unit powers the front and rear speakers, it has an output of 50W x 4. The sub has it's own amp built into the unit and the stereo has a seperate output for this. So I can keep the base down on the speakers so I can drive them harder and the sub controls let me turn the bass up for just the sub output.
    Nice... what have you got running the sub and speakers?? whats the total output from it??

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

FX Meister wrote:
    The head unit powers the front and rear speakers, it has an output of 50W x 4. The sub has it's own amp built into the unit and the stereo has a seperate output for this. So I can keep the base down on the speakers so I can drive them harder and the sub controls let me turn the bass up for just the sub output.

If I'm not mistaken, the 7400MP has a nice high pass filter so you can let the sub do all the hard work and leave the other speakers to cope with the mid/high range frequencies.

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Advertisement