Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mauro Picotto playing in Galway 6th August

Options
  • 06-08-2001 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

ppl,

Anyone interested in going to the Picotto gig in Salthill, Galway 2morrow ni8. Myself and a couple of m8s from college have already got tickets, and it is hyped to be a blinder of a gig. It is the opening night of Space (from the temple theatre Dublin) in Liquid, Salthill.

Liquid, I know, I know!!, calm down. But still they did it up recently and I have heard positive reviews. Haven't been there in a while myself, but I trust my sources. Anyway the whole two floors are going be banging out the best of Hard House and Progressive vinyl around @ the moment. Downstairs is Picotto and upstairs is the Temple Theatre residents E.g. Jay Pigeon (who I have seen many times and is MAAAD).

Tickets are going @ £16.50 incl. Booking fee, and you can get them at the usual outlets nationwide (hey, I nearly sounded like radio jock).

C yez there,

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Dam you mauro Picotto yea have to come back to Dublin
    Tickets seem like an ok price too smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yeah!, he played a bangin set in Red Box before. That was around Christmas wasn't it?. He was unable to get a flight and turned up at the club around 2am, and still went on. Kewl or wha?

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DJ Flick 2001

mauro picotto rules!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Although I'd probably go out of my skin if I was to go... Is there a ****up before or after?

Gwan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Angelwhore, why are you always on about p1ss-ups?. Going out shouldn't simply orbit drink!

Anyway the gig was brilliant. Picotto is the MAN!. But I will have to admit that Gary C from Westside played a bangin set around 9:30 - 11(ish). Twas the best warm up set I've heard in ages. I haven't heard the guy play in a while, and he is probably my fav DJ in Galway coz of it (Good stuff). After that was DJ Gabby, who kept Garry's pace but went a little harder as opposed to Garry's tribal hard house sound (like Chab stuff really). This guy seemed to play record after record with no imagination. But anyway he didn't play for long, and then Picotto pulled up outside the club in a fuking Limo. He came on around half 12, and rocked the place.

Every so often I went upstairs to hear Jay Pidgeon play. I have heard this guy play before and I thought he was mad. But he seemed to be playing really cheesy hard house (if there is such a thing). The kind of sound that Public Domain are shoving out lately (crap). The guy before him was playing what I would call Happy hardcore and trance (a dying sound).

Overall the night was well worth it, and I even scored free tickets for the next gig this coming Friday. So I've got 3 spare tickets for anyone who wants a free night to see DJ Agnelli from Agnelli & Nelson. Just reply and the tickets are yours.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

OH! You missunderstand me!

I'm looking for a p!ssup, because I can have a laugh with some friends!
    If I just wanted to get drunk, I'd go down to tescos and buy some cheap wine, and get myself ****ed and sick.

See what I mean?

Oi still owe's yuh ah fiover!!!
    Buy's ya's a drink, rioght?

tongue.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jesus Weston - I nearly went to that you know - my cousin was going and if my fund's had been better equiped, I'd have been there. Sounds like a good night was had!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Advertisement