Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cooper S

Options
  • 10-12-2004 8:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭

Well guys i've done it lol all the paperwork is done for my cooper S my god its €33K that still brings a tear to my eye but it will be so worth it. Only problem is even now won't have the car till April :-( at least it gives me time to recover from christmas.

Anyone else have a cooper S or have taken one for a drive? Would love to hear what you thought of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I had one, but i sold it for a Pug 306 Gt6.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well guys i've done it lol all the paperwork is done for my cooper S

Bet you can hardly wait! When is expected delivery?
    rander00 wrote:
    I had one, but i sold it for a Pug 306 Gt6.

:eek: You must have been in a desperate cashflow position :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Seriously expensive machines for what they are,but seriously tunable too!
    You gonna run it standard or fettle with it?
    Did you consider its competion or where you just mad for the mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Pld, but that wait would kill me. 'Spose it's something that will get you over new year blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I had a go in a cooperS about 2 years back a friend works in a bmw garage so i got him to bring one home so i could give it a try very nippy little car id love to be able to afford one
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

I should get its delivered come april, now i ordered it a couple of months back but just signed the paperwork last week as for cash flow well i can afford it just about lol and well the reason im going for a new cooper S is the resale over two years i'm not going to lose all that much (unless of course i make bits of it which i won't be intending to do lol)

The wait is a killer but once i get it i'll play around, i plan on having it chipped after the first 6mths so 135mph won't be the limited speed, its coming with all the trimmings the alloys, runflats, full leather climate control, sports suspension, and leather wheel.

I'm getting a good deal on the car loan 5% flat which is damn good. About a month ago while on the M50 one was going along side me and crap man when he put the boot down he just left me serious power for such a small car.

I did have a golf Tdi in mind but hey i see to many of them want something not many people have. I could go for the John Cooper upgrade but hell that about 4-5 grand lol its powerful enough as it stands. Plus any review i'd read on it says its the best bumpy ide you will ever have lol. I wanted to test drive one but because they are so hard to get the bmw dealer (maxwells in blackrock) could not do that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Where did you get 5% finance?

Why not go for a mini One with all the toys and chip it, do they not have the same engine as the Copper ?

But, all the same sweet car, and seem to be holding their value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

redzer007 wrote:

Why not go for a mini One with all the toys and chip it, do they not have the same engine as the Copper ?

Cooper S ;)

Nice choice of car by the way, seem fairly nippy with good residuals. Go for it in a interesting colour scheme?

Was considering it also myself, and will give it a test drive next week but am seriously tempted by a used Honda S2000 for about the same price. For some reason I got a pleasent insurance quote on one, more so than the mini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Solis

I have a Cooper S for a year and a half and its is just great.

Never looked back :D:D:D

I would recommed getting rid of the run flats, ouch on the olde back

33k so you did go mad with the options list!!

Did you go 16 or 17 with the alloys

Also what colour?

I went with dark silver and black

Even at 33 K it is so much car (power, character, style, reilability, etc)

Best of luck when ya get it

Solis wrote:
    I have a Cooper S for a year and a half and its is just great.

Never looked back :D:D:D

I would recommed getting rid of the run flats, ouch on the olde back

33k so you did go mad with the options list!!

Did you go 16 or 17 with the alloys

Also what colour?

I went with dark silver and black

Even at 33 K it is so much car (power, character, style, reilability, etc)

Best of luck when ya get it

Sorry for taking ages to reply was very busy the last week. Lol yes i went all out on this car the alloys will be 17 and as for the colour i wanted black but i say a standard cooper in black eye purple and it really set off the crome so going for that. One of you asked where i got the 5% APR well my friend comes with the Garda credit union they have such huge car deals they can afford to be low.

I'll have the serious problem of being way over protective of it lol be like a baby to me, been looking at other stuff to do such as DVD player with drop down screen and some funky neon lights for the outside, problem is the cooper S is a car if you mess to much with it you can take away from it. Insurance wise i'm doing ok i'm 24 and the quote was 1600 full comp which im happy with :D

The wait is a killer but as the dealer tells me they are still classed as an introduction car so they can only sell so many and the list is huge if you order now its the end of next year before you have it

• Advertisement

redzer007 wrote:

The mini one is far less of a car the engine is a 1.4 and being honest its much the same as a yaris engine also the suspension is nowhere near as good plus even with the mini 1 maxed up your still not getting near to the cooper S the 1 model had 85bph where the cooper S is 1.6 supercharged and turns out is it 170bhp give or take.

The reviews on top gear and in every car mag say its a dream to drive holds the road like glue. Be interesting to see how it goes :-)

The mini one is far less of a car the engine is a 1.4 and being honest its much the same as a yaris engine also the suspension is nowhere near as good plus even with the mini 1 maxed up your still not getting near to the cooper S the 1 model had 85bph where the cooper S is 1.6 supercharged and turns out is it 170bhp give or take.

The reviews on top gear and in every car mag say its a dream to drive holds the road like glue. Be interesting to see how it goes :-)

Mini One is the same 1.6 engine as your cooper S - you basically have a chip and supercharger slapped on it from factory. 163 HP. Thes tandart one is 90hp. The Cooper will chip the 1.6 to 115hp.

I think the next gen Cooper S might be going turbo at about 200hp. We can hope that the car won't wind another 150Kgs at the same time though

There is a 1.4 diesel now, which is what you may be thinking off. However IMHO their could be nothing worse than buying a Mini and then thinking you are driving a tractor every time you fire it up ;)

yes your right my mistake i was thinking of the 1.4 D mini one. Interested to know any idea when the next model coopers are going out?

while you might be able to do something to boost the mini 1 lol something about that little S says it all lol kinda a show off thing

yes your right my mistake i was thinking of the 1.4 D mini one. Interested to know any idea when the next model coopers are going out?

while you might be able to do something to boost the mini 1 lol something about that little S says it all lol kinda a show off thing

More like that bonnet vent that says it really :P

I believe that the mini is due for replacement in the second half of '06. The Americans are getting a 200hp turbo Cooper S for the '05 model year though I believe

lol well i'm miss the little whining sound from that supercharger lol and anyway if you bought the one there is only so far BMW will do it up if you want to make it near as good as an S your going to pay huge money, you don't get the traction control and well you just missing a loto of a car. Personally i don't think i'd take a mini one i'd feel i'm not driving the best model

Advertisement