Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2TV Gone on Sundays for good...

Options
  • 09-08-2001 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Just reading in the paper today that 2TV and mighty mouth Dave Fanning and Binka Linux (spell?) is gone by by for good.

Okay maybe not the best program in the world but defo easy watchiin...and what ****e will RTE shove in its place? some crappy cartoons from the 80's ( i know there some good un's but bloody sure RTE won't have em on!)

Gideon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Solution=GET Sky digital, i have seen so many dave fanning interviews on VH1, im sure he has moved.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Well rte in there wisdom have decide that there is no youth in Ireland and those that do like watching cheessy quiz programs with horrible gringles and sets from the Fast show.

Odds are they'll have some new (cheap) program where they don't have to pay royalties for every video they show oh I know it'll be that Fish ****e.

Aslong as they don't touch no disco I couldn't give a ****e neway, and later with Jools will always be there so my musical addiction will continue to be sadisfied for at least part of the year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i have seen so many dave fanning interviews on VH1 </font>

You mean to say that people LIKE watching Dave Fanning? He's one of those national institutions like Mike Murphy that you will_never_kill, no matter how hard you try.

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Watch No Disco instead. 2tv is muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

im not the biggest fan in the world but they used to have a few good bits....e.g. a kittser section a few weeks ago and bianca is always mentioning damien *godlike* rice which is rare at an early sunday mornibg slot on network 2/rte. no disco is far superior but what else is on to watch while mucnhing your cornflakes?

www.eclectichoney.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bring back Simon Young and the Beat Box!

(I'm serious)

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

ive always thought dave fanning was pretty good as an interviewer and it did not mater who he was talking to Robbie Williams or Alanis Morisett (i cant spell her name, blame regression), but he knew his stuff.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

2 be honest i always hated 2TV but all the same it almost grown on me like a bad rash and now i find that ill actually miss it =) and the point made earily what in the name of good god will rte show instead somin crap no dout

Me that is me and me that is I thats not u but me which means I and me alone which is him kinda cuz its my realy from ur point of veiw ie me!!!

Advertisement